Shipping to Australia

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Wiebelhaus

Supporting Member
Any tips on how to ship to Australia ?

Large box for a scale hydro approx: 46 x 26 x 10 min. 15 lbs min. value 1200 approx

USPS calculator says no can do

FedEx and UPS 800.00

ya gotta be kidding me.......................

That's about right. Or you can cut the boat in half and ship by USPS a lot cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just a idea that some companies have discounted rates with UPS/Fedex. Find one that will quote rate/ship for you.

If you just go to Ups store its a much higher rate.

You need to keep it lenght and girth to 108 inches 44x24x8 box will get by, still USPS global express cost $390

Total Length and Girth combined may not exceed 108 inches (274.32 cm).

Individual dimensions may not exceed:
Length - 46 inches (116.84 cm)
Width - 35 inches (88.9 cm)
Height - 46 inches (116.84 cm)
Weight may not exceed 70 pounds (31.75 kg)

The calculator will compute the dimensional weight of the package and compare it to the actual weight. The greater of the two is used to determine your shipping cost.

Dimensional Weight = (Length x Width x Height) / 166 for rectangular shaped items
Dimensional Weight = (Length x Width x Height) x 0.785 / 166 for nonrectangular shaped items

You need to keep it lenght and girth to 108 inches 44x24x8 box will get by, still USPS global express cost $390

Total Length and Girth combined may not exceed 108 inches (274.32 cm).

Individual dimensions may not exceed:

Length - 46 inches (116.84 cm)

Width - 35 inches (88.9 cm)

Height - 46 inches (116.84 cm)

Weight may not exceed 70 pounds (31.75 kg)

The calculator will compute the dimensional weight of the package and compare it to the actual weight. The greater of the two is used to determine your shipping cost.

Dimensional Weight = (Length x Width x Height) / 166 for rectangular shaped items

Dimensional Weight = (Length x Width x Height) x 0.785 / 166 for nonrectangular shaped items
Yup, Phil posted what I was getting ready to post. I've shipped Global Express Guaranteed (GXG) to Australia numerous times. Funny part with GXG is USPS turns it over to FedEx to get it there yet by FedEx only it's twice as much.
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Id never ship a big boat over there again. The last time I shipped a small box it took 5 weeks. Hit and miss

Shipped a boat to Jason Jury once, took about 8 weeks. Never again. I feel sorry for the Aussies. I've bought CMB's from Hobby Supplies and had it in a week, strange........

Fedex then hold us to ransom at this end too. "Don't pay the extra, you don't get your parcel". They got me for $100 on a 2nd hand motor that cost $300. Thieves.

Seems to be a bit of a lottery sometimes. I have bought the occasional boat from time to time and had it shipped from the US over to Australia. I can honestly say I have never had any issues that I can recall, I have never not received an item or have the item damaged in transit (largely to the effort put in by the guys shipping to protect the gear) I currently have a price to ship a scale boat from the US to me for under $400, but I have also had prices quoted as mentioned above ( would like to sit down one day and mark on a map pricing for different areas ). I have also had experiences with 45 size boats, in particular a Phil Thomas SS 45 hull, I regularly get quotes around the $200+ mark for boats this size but I have managed to have one shipped over for under $80US. Yes it is difficult to get hulls from the US to over here which is why I am so grateful to those that are willing to undertake this exercise, to those that don't its their choice/right not to and I respect that. At the end of the day, all that can be done is get a shipping quote (if willing to) and if the person is willing to pay it, happy days, otherwise just wait and see for the next item to be advertised. The scale boat that I did get shipped over previously was through DHL and again no issues at all. Might just have to stick to buying ML kits

Fedex then hold us to ransom at this end too. "Don't pay the extra, you don't get your parcel". They got me for $100 on a 2nd hand motor that cost $300. Thieves.
UPS is the same. they give you a thorough rogering on "customs brokerage" fees.

That's about right. Or you can cut the boat in half and ship by USPS a lot cheaper.
you funny..........
he no funny. "Dimensional weight" is king with shippers. a huge, light box means they can't stuff a bunch of smaller boxes on the racks.

Back