help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt. gay rum

Ok guys figure this out..

Ran scale and was not up to speed..brought boat in and the whole boat was hot..plug was black...

What are these signs...and my options

it was balistic last month...now its hotter and humidity is way up

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds way lean,check all fuel system and preasure lines, if outer plug body went from silver to black its probably sucking air through the middle, replace plug.

I had the same problem with my Seaducer 90/100, and I found out I was using too high of nitro. Switched down from 65% to 50% and solved the problem.

CLiff

Check water lines for plugging, or being pinched somewhere. Could be lean, but sounds more like water is limited or restricted. just my two cents. Ken*

Good advice.

And if all that doesn’t help, it’s your bearings. Time to replace them.

marc

Pressure test the entire cooling system. Take the line off of the rudder & blow though it. Then put a small piece of of line on the rudder nipple & blow that way, it sounds like you picked up some trash & either partially or totally restricted the water line. I can't see you having that big a temp change yet this early into season. How many gallons have gone thru that motor? It also could be a bad bearing like Marc suggested.

how high is the cr on that motor? with humidity way up, it will raise your cr, due to denser air........ but, i would think you had to be on the ragged edge to begin with, for it to affect things that much. thats the only tie in i see with weather, water/pond temps shouldn't be that much different, from what i remember growing up in miami shores. i'd look at cooling & air leaks/bearings, as suggested. wouldn't hurt to check the fuel system, also.

Did you change anything ?? - If not I would agree with Don and Marc .

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys figure this out..
Ran scale and was not up to speed..brought boat in and the whole boat was hot..plug was black...

What are these signs...and my options

it was balistic last month...now its hotter and humidity is way up
you know were your welcome mike, any time with rick and i are always there.

Buy an outboard powered hydroplane that you can get in and go 70 MPH. No problems with cooling the motor. Plugs are $10.00 each ( motor uses two plugs ) but they don't need changing very often. I just happen to have one available for purchase................

Dick Tyndall

I knew i could count on you guys,,thanks..will start tonight with the list of check ups,, running a mc coy-9 also gonna check the stem and see if its loose..or cracked..

Engine has less than 2 gallons of fuel through it...

will do a water pressure test line and waterfittings and head

will do a flow meter test

will do a fuel line test

will keep you all posted... thanks again

I knew i could count on you guys,,thanks..will start tonight with the list of check ups,, running a mc coy-9 also gonna check the stem and see if its loose..or cracked..
Engine has less than 2 gallons of fuel through it...

will do a water pressure test line and waterfittings and head

will do a flow meter test

will do a fuel line test

will keep you all posted... thanks again
It do sound like you blew a seal in the glow plug. The boat will start losing power and sounding rich. If you have a remote needle you may start to lean the motor to make it clean out and then the end results is hot very hot and a blue plug.

Buy an outboard powered hydroplane that you can get in and go 70 MPH. No problems with cooling the motor. Plugs are $10.00 each ( motor uses two plugs ) but they don't need changing very often. I just happen to have one available for purchase................
Dick Tyndall
Are you the fella that makes turn fins?

Dick Tyndall
Are you the fella that makes turn fins?
Yes he is! Send him a PM he will respond!

Latest posts

Back