Engine temp

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1outlaw

Being a newbee i cant exactly tell if the motors runnin lean by sound yet. So what have been doing is measuring temp with a infrared temp gun...I have been measuring the temp at the cooling fins...Average temp i have been running is 140ish does this sound right????

Being a newbee i cant exactly tell if the motors runnin lean by sound yet. So what have been doing is measuring temp with a infrared temp gun...I have been measuring the temp at the cooling fins...Average temp i have been running is 140ish does this sound right????
140 is not over heating. I think you're asking about engine temp for a Miss Vegas.

JD

Yeah im talkin about the Vegas...I knew it wasnt overheating i was wondering if that was a good # or if it can run hotter....I assume that i can tell if it runs lean by temp.... ;)

Yeah im talkin about the Vegas...I knew it wasnt overheating i was wondering if that was a good # or if it can run hotter....I assume that i can tell if it runs lean by temp.... ;)
http://rcboat.com/

Paste this on search look at tunning water cooling, full water flow is probaly too much,I use a zip tie on my cooling line & blow through to see rusults as i do it.

Look at plug/ after hot laps/ too lean will look very dull & toasted/ bright shinny & wet you can lean down/dull light sand blast look perfect

/ use at mc or 59 kb l1 .,most all racers tune down water to add heat more heat burns more fuel,to a point you don't want to over lean to get your heat, my 84 CMB has like a 48 drill hole in the head only, a super fast responding hig pitch screamin motor on bench is too lean or to scream at 1/3 throttle too lean.It should gurgle a little and take a second to rev up when you open throttle..Use plug method next. 220 right at head is good buts its hard to get it in & check as you loose temp quickly

Back