STOLEN RC Boat Race Trailer/Boats - Ken Haines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heard back from Ken, the trailer was empty of all boats equipment
default_sleep.png

Keep your eyes open guys and gals , he still needs our help.......

Heard back from Ken, the trailer was empty of all boats equipment
default_sleep.png

Keep your eyes open guys and gals , he still needs our help.......
Everyone keep a sharp eye on Craigslist for that area. Also all hobby shops within 100 miles of where trailer was found need to be alerted that people may come in looking to sell boats quickly for pennies on the dollar. When Paul Stirton's trailer got broken into a couple of his boats showed up at a hobby shop and a customer recognized them.

Guys,

If someone coukd post a clear pic of all of Ken's boats, that would help everyone keep an eye out for them.

Man this sucks, all of us in the Saginaw Mi area will keep an eye out. Ken if you have individual pics of each boat, please post them. We will try our best to help.

Jim

Too late now but install a GPS Homing device in your trailers hidden. Drag racers have been doing this for awhile now. Hope you get some of the boats back fingers crossed.

My musician friend recommended adding a few of these to the the boats. Not every piece of equipment but if you had these scattered about your fleet you would have a shot at least.

http://www.snagg.com/

Posted by Ken on his facebook page about an hour ago:

Great News......last Sunday we recovered 18 of the 21 stolen RC boats
default_smile.png
With the help of so many people, Jason Sims and I drove non-stop to Michigan and met with some guys who came forward with the boats and some of the other RC gear.....(They were not the thieves) Sorry for the delayed announcement, but we are still hopeful to recover the remaining 3 boats and possible other gear. Really can not disclose many of the details, please understand & appreciate that I can't give any more information for now, but just know how happy Fede and I are to have these boats back at home in the trailer that had also been recovered 5 days after that terrible day at the Embassy Suites. So many thanks to everyone's help, generosity, & sympathetic ears for these trying last 8 weeks.......Yes I actually have my smile back !!! Now Fede and I can start planning next year's racing
default_smile.png
This certainly seems like some kind of miracle....The turn around in our misfortunes definetely proves there are many good people in the Detroit metro and Michigan area. Thanks again to everyone.

Awesome! Im from metro Detroit and have been watching Craigslist for any suspicious boats. This incident really made me mad. I feel a little better now.

Thanks for the words of encouragement through this whole ordeal.

It meant a lot hearing from everyone here and elsewhere.

Still missing a few boats and a bunch of equipment, but I realize I am very lucky

to have gotten back the 18 boats, some of the RC gear and even the trailer.

I think there is a good foundation now to get back to racing again....at least starting

next spring.

I will post the 3 missing boats soon, but just wanted to thank all of you for

the terrific support.

Ken & Fede
default_smile.png

Btw....the picture was taken moments after the return of the boats !!

attachment.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news man that is hella good news.....im so glad to hear u got your boats back....18 out of 21 that is in my book a hella of a good recovery of boats....i only toke three with me this weekend and was nervous about leaveing them in car so i tke mine in my room and left rest of gear in car......i still hope the other three show up and rest of your gear....

Good luck on the rest of them

James

Back