Scale and Thunder Boat Graphics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your Father Mike, It was nice to meet you and talk to you at the Sept? race at Lake Minden last year( when your Mac .84 became a pop-top). Mr.Ferrettes 68 Eagle is headed to the Al Hobbs collection. Beautiful graphics and great detail.

Glenn Gates

Ok I have blown out a ton of stuff this week including a couple overseas orders as of yesterday. I have one more order I am going to try and finish today but after that I am going to have to put any orders I have left on hold for about two weeks. I expect that my father will pass some time in the next couple of days. Ironically enough, as a CPA for some 62 years, I think he may go right on April 15th. Of course tax day this year is the 17th but I don't think he is stubborn enough to make it to Tuesday but it would certainly be fitting for sure. But who knows the tax season routine may be so firmly engrained in his brain that he might just do it. I will be in the office but I will be in my video studio scanning pictures working on his memorial video. I still have a ton of old carousel slides and old albums to go through to assemble everything. I will still respond if emailed just know I won't be able to get to any boat stuff for a bit. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,

I am sorry to hear about your father. I just lost a couple of my favorite Aunts last month. It's life's hard lesson that we are all getting older. My thoughts are with you and your family. I would like to order some of your graphics but it is no rush at all. Mike Luszcz speaks very highly of you and your work. Just take care of your family and PM me when you are back in your shop and we can go from there. Thank you.

Yes take care . I too will be waiting for you for the pay n pak. You have our prayers .

Hugh

Hi guys,

I am back in the office today for the first time in what seems like forever. I've been in from time to time but haven't gotten any actual work done. Yesterday was the services for my father and I am trying to get back into work mode but I am pretty exhausted and I still have some of my father's affairs to take care of for a while here. I'll back on filling the remaining orders tomorrow and as often as I can the rest of the week. Hopefully I'll be back up to full speed by next week. I appreciate everyone's patience and I will do my best to catch up quickly.

Hi guys,

I am back in the office today for the first time in what seems like forever. I've been in from time to time but haven't gotten any actual work done. Yesterday was the services for my father and I am trying to get back into work mode but I am pretty exhausted and I still have some of my father's affairs to take care of for a while here. I'll back on filling the remaining orders tomorrow and as often as I can the rest of the week. Hopefully I'll be back up to full speed by next week. I appreciate everyone's patience and I will do my best to catch up quickly.
Relax Mike, toy boats. ;)

Ok so I am finally staring to turn the corner on handling my dad's affairs following his passing. I have gotten to know the people at the County Recorder's office really well in the past week and half. It's amazing how many things require a certified copy of the death certificate. I got 10 originally and that wasn't enough. Sheesh!

Anyway, I have gotten a few orders out this week and plan to have a few more out by weeks end. Lohring yours is one of those. In the next couple of months I will be making preparations to move my office. I still have not located a suitable long term solution but I have found a temporary one until the one I want comes available. I should be back up to full speed by next week and ready for new orders that have been waiting. Thanks again for your patience.

Yesterday I think I finally got pretty close to being back to a more normal routine and actually got quite a bit done. Several orders went out and I got some drawing finished and some website updates done. I put all the Miller American screenshots up which I didn't realize weren't there. Also the Vernors from 75 & 76 and the 62-67 $ Bill and the 79-80 Circus (cathedral wing boat). I also put up a screenshot of some accessory decals that I had been asked about from a couple of people. I now have some gas caps, inspection caps and deck vents for 60's and 70's boats available. The are thermal printed in metallic silver and are available in all sizes from 10th scale to 1/6th scale. Some time soon I am going to have a page with all my accessory decals like the access hatches and rescue hatches for turbine boats as well as the new caps and vents plus metallic rub rail decals as well. I probably should have a separate page for it already since I've had this stuff available for a while but now there is so much it should have it's own page.

I plan to work through the end of June and then I will be shutting down for probably a good portion of the month. Three things are going to be happening. One I will be be moving to a new location. It is actually in the same building where I am now just a little farther down the building. It just became available and has the office with warehouse space I need. Second in an earlier post I mentioned I would be refurbishing my old wide format printer. That idea has been scrapped and I am now trading it in for a substantial discount on a new printer. The manufacturer has a trade in program I couldn't pass up so that will be delivered and installed in July as well. Third I'm taking a little vacation time. I have a weekend at Disneyland with the family scheduled and also my annual fishing trip to Wyoming. So I will be blowing out of here on the 10th for a couple weeks. Plus I still have plans to head up to Tri Cities at the end of the month.

If you want something before July make sure you get your order in before the end of May. All orders will be done before I shut down. Thanks again for your patience the last couple of months.

Yesterday I think I finally got pretty close to being back to a more normal routine and actually got quite a bit done. Several orders went out and I got some drawing finished and some website updates done. I put all the Miller American screenshots up which I didn't realize weren't there. Also the Vernors from 75 & 76 and the 62-67 $ Bill and the 79-80 Circus (cathedral wing boat). I also put up a screenshot of some accessory decals that I had been asked about from a couple of people. I now have some gas caps, inspection caps and deck vents for 60's and 70's boats available. The are thermal printed in metallic silver and are available in all sizes from 10th scale to 1/6th scale. Some time soon I am going to have a page with all my accessory decals like the access hatches and rescue hatches for turbine boats as well as the new caps and vents plus metallic rub rail decals as well. I probably should have a separate page for it already since I've had this stuff available for a while but now there is so much it should have it's own page.

I plan to work through the end of June and then I will be shutting down for probably a good portion of the month. Three things are going to be happening. One I will be be moving to a new location. It is actually in the same building where I am now just a little farther down the building. It just became available and has the office with warehouse space I need. Second in an earlier post I mentioned I would be refurbishing my old wide format printer. That idea has been scrapped and I am now trading it in for a substantial discount on a new printer. The manufacturer has a trade in program I couldn't pass up so that will be delivered and installed in July as well. Third I'm taking a little vacation time. I have a weekend at Disneyland with the family scheduled and also my annual fishing trip to Wyoming. So I will be blowing out of here on the 10th for a couple weeks. Plus I still have plans to head up to Tri Cities at the end of the month.

If you want something before July make sure you get your order in before the end of May. All orders will be done before I shut down. Thanks again for your patience the last couple of months.
1 day at time mike,

Not to worry guys. These were things that were all in the works before I had to take time off to tend to dad. The only thing that is the major priority at this point is the relocation since once his affairs and his clients pick up all of their records I wanna get going on it. It'll be nice once I do move...I really outgrew this space a long time ago.

Well usually things slow down during the summer because most everyone is racing not building. Not the case this year apparently. I did clear some major hurdles and got huge orders out of here this past week. Now I am almost caught up to just current orders. Orders are still showing up with a fairly consistent pace even as we approach June. On that note, The last day to place an order to be delivered before I shut down for July is June 15. Any orders after June 15 will have an August delivery. Speaking of August the office move has bee pushed back to August 1st rather than July 1st due to issues with the courts timeline. I was a tad optimistic we would be able to close up my dad's office by then but the courts are slowing things.

The good news is the new printer purchase is going to happen next week. I have an appointment to go to the Bay Area to test out a demo model and if all goes well it will be in before the end of June

FYI sets for several 2012 boats will be available after the big boats hit the water for the first race. More to come.........

Bunch of orders went out today. Two more will go out in the morning. I am going to try to have everything done by the end of next week rather than the end of the month. The reason being is the new printer could be delivered by late next week or early the following week. The problem is that I need to do backups and get ready to upgrade the computer that runs my graphics operation to Win7 64bit and upgrade the design software to the latest version to accomodate the new printer. Then I'll need a little shakedown and training time. I hadn't really planned on getting back into the graphics business more than just part time but recent developments since the beginning of the year kinda pushed me in that direction. I had been doing design work for a few clients that I was sending out to other graphics companies for output. I basically got tired of seeing that money going elsewhere. Who knows sometime soon you may be seeing my work on a bottle of wine or olive oil or vinegar where you shop. That is just one client that is on board...

More sets are being added too. The 2011 Albert Lee, 2011 Graham Trucking, 1968 Smirnoff Bat Boat and more....

Nice job Merv! I saw the vids you posted on Facebook too. It looks like it's gonna be a runner! Are you going to bring it to Tri Cities?

Hi Mike, still deciding whether I will be bringing the Spirit of Qatar or the Budweiser. There are five of us Kiwis from New Zealand coming over to race our 1/8ths at the R/CU Columbia Cup, three nitros and two FE's. Hope to catch up with you there if you are still going. :lol:

Ok it's official. This beast is going in my office sometime this next week.

NewPrinter.jpg

I'll be down a couple of days getting the computer upgraded to accomodate it but I'll still be able to finish out all my current orders by the end of June.

Back