OH NO!!! MORE CMDi HYPE!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charles,

They A/A Pro .67 is planned for after the .91. If production goes smoothly on the .21 and .45, the .91 and .67 will be ready at nearly the same time.

We are working on replacemnt P/L's for the MAC engines. They should finally be ready by the end of Dec.

Thanks Virgil! I'm working hard on it. It will be a great out of the box race engine. It's a big efort putting all of the production together here in the USA without using an established engine builder.

In case some of you are wondering (I've heard rumors), Dub Jett nor Henry Nelson is building parts for the engines. No and not K&B or Fox either. LOL
Will the .21 Powerheads find their way back in the lineup?

Joe,

We have a good stock of MAC 21 powerheads in stock at a great price. As you and some others know they run good stock and awesome when modified. Even so sales of them are very slow. We could definatly build an engine that would be better than the MAC 21, but at the moment I,m not sure about market demand.

Are there a bunch of you out there buying the Nova conversions, Rossi's, O.S's?

Andy,

Are you planning to change both the .21 and.45 motors? Are the replacement P/L's new and improved and will they fit the existing motors or are they for new motors?

Andy,

Are you planning to change both the .21 and.45 motors? Are the replacement P/L's new and improved and will they fit the existing motors or are they for new motors?

We will have replacement P/L's fo the MAC engines. They will be a direct fit made just for the MACs.

These P/L's will have some improvements of the previous MAC p/l's.

The A/A Pro will be different.

If you add wood and pro together what do you get? I don't know but I bet you can keep adding. :lol:

If you add wood and pro together what do you get? I don't know but I bet you can keep adding. :lol:
Yup, just use the same math as when you add Nova, Rossi, Orlic, D&J and OS together. :lol: :lol:

The price for speed ........... we only have ourselves to blame. ;)
Don,

A stock MAC 21 is the same price as a stock NR. Now wait for the "Pro". And if you add NR, Orlic, D&J and O.S. then I am sure is hangs right with MAC, Brown, new spray bar, Ferrette needle base, and O.S.

Yup, just use the same math as when you add Nova, Rossi, Orlic, D&J and OS together. :lol: :lol:

Don,

A stock MAC 21 is the same price as a stock NR. Now wait for the "Pro". And if you add NR, Orlic, D&J and O.S. then I am sure is hangs right with MAC, Brown, new spray bar, Ferrette needle base, and O.S.
No arguement there P, the second sentence was more the point. ;)

Oh Don, :D

K wad a Ferrette needle base Hmmmmm......?

Gener :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
No arguement there P, the second sentence was more the point.
Yup, you are right. I ain't try'n to rain on the MAC, A/A parade but I just think prices are going to drive the nitro "race" into it's own slump.

Andy, I think what you are trying to do is very commendable (and brave), I hope that it works out to be a very good thing for CMDi. I for one, cant imagine what is involved in bringing a motor from scratch to production, but with past history of you and your company only good things can come from it.

No ass kissing involved, just an honest opinion.

~James

P.S. what are the current prices of the MAC outboard powerheads?

B)

No arguement there P, the second sentence was more the point.
Yup, you are right. I ain't try'n to rain on the MAC, A/A parade but I just think prices are going to drive the nitro "race" into it's own slump.
Honestly I'm beginning to think it doesn't matter what you run be it nitro or gas, if you're going to run up front ya better have wad of cash ready. Look at the going price for a prepped Zenoah G260, $500, $600 & UP & you still need another $200 for the pipe/header. That's 8 bills & you don't even have a hull yet at that price. And then of course there is the new $1700 Quickdraw that is so fragile that one good stuff or one overheat & it's major rebuild time..... :blink:

Look at the going price for a prepped Zenoah G260, $500, $600 & UP & you still need another $200 for the pipe/header.
True, but from what I have seen a Zen with just the ex. timing raised will run with the others. Only the tops guys seem to be able to take advantage of the extensive mods. Others at our lake have the expensive engine but their setup isn't there so it looks like they sit still. So I still see a Zen as $250 + $100 (possible mods). Now the pipe price does suck.

Honestly I'm beginning to think it doesn't matter what you run be it nitro or gas, if you're going to run up front ya better have wad of cash ready. Look at the going price for a prepped Zenoah G260, $500, $600 & UP & you still need another $200 for the pipe/header. That's 8 bills & you don't even have a hull yet at that price. And then of course there is the new $1700 Quickdraw that is so fragile that one good stuff or one overheat & it's major rebuild time..... :blink:

im looking at possibly why it is slumping .... STOP RACING 3000 $$$ boats.. go on try to stop yourself.. :p

Jason

Don,

No arguement there P, the second sentence was more the point. ;)

Well I added it all up!

The A/A Pro will be less the a Brown, Orlic or any other Mod engine.

The A/A Pro will NOT need mods.

Everything is being built as if I would modify it from the begining.

Everything that I have learned to this point about boat racing engines is going into these engines. This includes improved materials, design features and machining practices.

The price will be high, but it will be less then an ordinary engine with a mod and different parts.

The A/A Pro will not be for everyone and is not intended to be.

That is why we are doing a second line of engines that will be an improved version of the MAC's, but not nearly the High level of the A/A Pro.

andy i have no doubt your engines would probably be one of ( if not ) the best value nitros on the market.

expensive boats will always be a niche market.

what does A/A mean ??? curious

Jason

Man , after reading all this bullshizzit , I still am laughing and waiting for the finished product because who better to design a new motor than one of the leading technical consultants and experimenters of all time ?I bought a used .90 hydro a few years ago from a well known boater and all that was available at the time was hydro .90,sand with all the resulting trauma no matter what you did to it , it would still break a crankcase or piston pin . It will be refreshing to have a .90 or bigger that does not break or require 10 hours of crankcase relief to run ! My money is on the MAC stuff to lead the way to high performance without bull shizzit breakage problems due to poor design . Then again we all should learn from experience , shouldn,t we ? Andy , bring us the product we have always waited for , there are not that many nitro guys out there !!

Lots of people competing for "Brownie Points" here.

Come on Andy show us a picture before you start greasing the flexshaft.

Back