Fantastic Birthday Cake

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's one thing the Grand Prix Classic Crew believes in above all else. That is promoting RC boating and it seems to be evident here. Here is a birthday cake that Damon Wilson's wife made for his birthday yesterday. Who is Damon Wilson you might ask? Well you probably don't know him yet. He doesn't race and has only been in the RC boating hobby for a short time. But in that short time he must have impressed upon his wife that RC boating means that much to him that she thought such a cake would put the icing on his Birthday.

Maybe it was the impression he got from Andy Brown who delivered his custom Eagle SGX that also impressed his wife. Maybe it was the impression he got from all the people that contributed to getting a Twin Eagle SGX to him (Thank you Bill Brandt). Or maybe it was the time he spent at Alfred Lanza's house simply talking about boats or the time Alfred, Dave Bestpitch, and myself took to get his boat in the water on race day when all he expected was to show up and get some set-up tips. Or... maybe it was the sum of all these things that he shared with his wife to impress upon her enough to think that such a cake would make his day.

I share this with you all not only because of the truly awesome cake but because over the years I see and hear things that go against what one of goals in the hobby should be which should be to attract new blood to the hobby. Yet I see and hear so much that would do otherwise. I've even heard people say straight out. "They don't want any new blood in the hobby but that's a whole different subject to get into."

Now as you can see from the cake that it is a replica of an Eagle SGX Twin 84. Not exactly the boat you would advise someone to start out with... but Hey! That's what the man wanted to do. I gave my suggestions but who am I force a man to do otherwise. Besides that this man is a 6' 8" former UNLV and European Pro team starting forward. Doubt I could have done much forcing of on anything on him anyway. LOL! So we put our opinion to rest on what WE thought he should do, and what WE thought was best for him and instead supported HIM whole heartedly GIVING him our best effort to get him under way. I guess that made an impression on him.

So remember this. What you DO... as well as what you say... and HOW you say it... also makes it back to peoples wives... and based on what she hears you will either gain an advocate for the sport or create one against it. So be mindful of your conduct, the reflection travels much farther than you realize. Luckily in this case we were able to be part of a positive one.

Thanks again to Andy Brown, Bill Brandt, Alfred Lanza, Dave Bestpitch and also those who previously owned the boat in the past which I think was Don Ferrette and it looks like even Allen Yuens trademark insignias on the boat as well so maybe he owned it too. The boat is in good condition and runs well.

And Happy Birthday to Damon.

PS... and his wife has never even been to a race yet.

Happy Boating

securedownload-2.jpeg

securedownload-3.jpeg

securedownload-4.jpeg

AWESOME!!! my EX- SGX Twin Will Damon be happy with it B) IT STILL LIVE!!!! FAST!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been after my wife for a few years for a rigger cake. She always said I was crazy. Looks awesome, props the the chef!!!

Back