NAMBA strut question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great question, but the rule change cannot be made by me. It as with all rule changes or proposals must be voted on by all members. If your district wants a change to this rule then you must make up the proposal and send it in. We still have to make sure that the rule change is in line with what we would consider "scale". I personally do not know of any advantage to moving the strut/drive dog out past the transom, and the records set are still under the current rules with the drive dog 1 length past the transom. Anyone that has been to or raced in the NW scale championship will tell you those are some fast scales.

Kevin
The only thing I can think of is that, by moving the drive dog and prop aft, the boat will act like it's a longer boat. Since the prop is holding up the transom, the further aft the prop is, the more leverage it will have the further aft it is moved. This would also apply to the rudder bracket. A longer bracket will make the boat handle like it's longer.

Didn't say it was, prop wise. It would, however, make the boat's minimum turn radius larger, again, not really an issue unless you're running on a course that's scaled down from the Detroit River. The "Roostertail Turn" could be as rough for our boats as it is for the full sized ones

As long as we can read it and it has 5 signatures on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Do I send the revision to the National Scale Director?
District with 5 signatures I will submit it
Does it have to be typed out or neatly on a some paper?
Sam I would suggest keeping the change simple if you are going to make a proposal, something like-

from- "The drive dog must not extend beyond the transom unless the prototype's strut and/or drive dog did so. Photo documentation may be requested for proof by race CD or district scale director."

to- "The location of propeller front hub face must not extend beyond the transom unless the prototype's strut and/or prop face did so, not to exceed 1.5" maximum from transom to propeller front hub face. Photo documentation may be requested for proof by race CD or district scale director."

Since there is vagueness with no predetermined drive dog length use front face of prop hub. I picked 1.5" as a number of years back I had a conversation with someone who said they measured one of the later Bud boats (T5?) and the extension was almost 10" so we need a little more than an inch.
default_wink.png

Sam I would suggest keeping the change simple if you are going to make a proposal, something like-
from- "The drive dog must not extend beyond the transom unless the prototype's strut and/or drive dog did so. Photo documentation may be requested for proof by race CD or district scale director."

to- "The location of propeller front hub face must not extend beyond the transom unless the prototype's strut and/or prop face did so, not to exceed 1.5" maximum from transom to propeller front hub face. Photo documentation may be requested for proof by race CD or district scale director."

Since there is vagueness with no predetermined drive dog length use front face of prop hub. I picked 1.5" as a number of years back I had a conversation with someone who said they measured one of the later Bud boats (T5?) and the extension was almost 10" so we need a little more than an inch.
default_wink.png
I have it written out already. I sent pictures of it to some people and they like it.
Like you said I kept it simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

default_wink.png
I have it written out already. I sent pictures of it to some people and they like it.
Like you said I kept it simple.
You have a p/m.
default_smile.png

Back