My first rigger (Jae12 with AA .21)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fernando Tartuce

My father has a jae 12 rigger with a super tiger .18, at the first time that i pilot the jae, i decided to build one!!

Some Pics of the building process:

IMG_0297.JPG

IMG_0301.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My father has a jae 12 rigger with a thunder tiger .18, at the first time that i pilot the jae, i decide to build one!!

Welcome to the world of modeling and the challenge and satisfaction of building what you run........

This is what the JAE effort was and is all about.......lookin' good.....make sure you post photos of your completed boat... ;) B)

Rod Geraghty

Hi Fernando

A jae .12 equipped with an AA .21 will be a challenging project...good luck...... and see you at the pond.

Gill

oooppss seems that you decided to post pone the AA 21 for another boat.....you will be very pleased with the actual combo you are running.

My father has a jae 12 rigger with a thunder tiger .18, at the first time that i pilot the jae, i decide to build one!!

Welcome to the world of modeling and the challenge and satisfaction of building what you run........

This is what the JAE effort was and is all about.......lookin' good.....make sure you post photos of your completed boat... ;) B)

Rod Geraghty

Sure I will post, as soon as I finish I'll let you know. Tks for your support!

Fernando

Hey Buddy,

Still make a wonderful job! goahed ;-)

Let me know if you need some help!

I think... Will be ready for trials very soon. hehehehehehe and of course will be THERE B)

Barbetta - Pronauti.com.br

Looks good Fernando! The building fever has just begun. No greater pleasure than going fast with a boat that you have built. Have a couple of almost completed JAE 12 around. Let us know how it runs with the 21.

Looks good Fernando! The building fever has just begun. No greater pleasure than going fast with a boat that you have built. Have a couple of almost completed JAE 12 around. Let us know how it runs with the 21.
Tks! Now I just started the painting process and for sure I'll keep posting boat infos.

Tks! Now I just started the painting process and for sure I'll keep posting boat infos.

Fernando.....

Something to consider......

I believe you may find you may be very overpowered with the A-A .21 in your .12 size JAE.......[Just to be on the safe side pay particular attention to floatation in your boat......]

The .12 size boom tubes will be stressed with a .21 in the boat.....The JAE design team has been using solid carbon graphite boom tubes in our boats for some time now....Our .12

prototypes are now running in the low 70's and accidents are hard on boom tubes....boats without sponsons do not float as well as boats with sponsons......

The 4OZ. fuel tank in the .12 boat will not produce much run time.....Just remember that while you are planning for its maiden run.....The lower the nitro content in your fuel the longer run times that will be produced......4 OZ's of 25% will produce about the same amount of run time as 7 OZ's of 65%... .with the smaller boat,25% fuel will produce plenty of performance.... ;)

In the past putting a .21 motor in a JAE .12 boat has been done with mixed success.......that is why we offered a .21 size boat kit...... B) .

The positive is thing is you are gaining experience building and learning the techniques of doing so........If you do find that your are over-powered you sure can slip that new motor into a .21 JAE

at very little cost...... and..........the best part of this plan is you may well get to build another JAE boat.... ;) B) :D

enjoy,Rod Geraghty

Fernando.....

I believe you may find you may be very overpowered with the A-A .21 in your .12 size JAE.......[Just to be on the safe side pay particular attention to floatation in your boat......]

The .12 size boom tubes will be stressed with a .21 in the boat.....The JAE design team has been using solid carbon graphite boom tubes in our boats for some time now....Our .12

prototypes are now running in the low 70's and accidents are hard on boom tubes....boats without sponsons do not float as well as boats with sponsons......

The 4OZ. fuel tank in the .12 boat will not produce much run time.....Just remember that while you are planning for its maiden run.....The lower the nitro content in your fuel the longer run times that will be produced......4 OZ's of 25% will produce about the same amount of run time as 7 OZ's of 65%... .with the smaller boat,25% fuel will produce plenty of performance.... ;)

In the past putting a .21 motor in a JAE .12 boat has been done with mixed success.......that is why we offered a .21 size boat kit...... B) .

The positive is thing is you are gaining experience building and learning the techniques of doing so........If you do find that your are over-powered you sure can slip that new motor into a .21 JAE

at very little cost...... and..........the best part of this plan is you may well get to build another JAE boat.... ;) B) :D

enjoy,Rod Geraghty

Rod,

I´m really enjoying to build the JAE kit!! With this project, I´m looking for more speed at the straight line of the track and speed down at the curves! Tks for the tips, and for sure I will consider to build a .21 size boat kit if the .12 boat with the 21 became very over-powered.

I already bought my new project, a .12 Jae light boat with a .18 motor!!! Eheheheh

Tks again,

Fernando G. Tartuce

Fernando.....

enjoy,Rod Geraghty
ok Rod I didnt know axe rossi made a marine engine..thought they where cars and truck engines. Joe thowing in a Thunder tiger pro.21 in my old jae.12 rigger. he had that in mind since hobart races...

AxeRossi is making the A/A engines for me, both car engines and marine engines.

Al Hobbs

Fernando.....

enjoy,Rod Geraghty

Rod I must say that you and David Hall have done a wonderfull job of pushing these boats. The one most important thing I see coming from this is for the boaters to have a boat to build from a set of drawings and cutting a them out of a small pile of wood, building, finishing and setting them up. And then having them run very well on any motor. What better way to promote a hobby. There has been to many pocket book racers that have just bought their boat ready to run and get upset and quit not knowing the enjoyment from the hobby. This for me is why Doc and I have built 6 JAE boats. I have done the building and Doc has done the painting/finishing and we have both have put together and set them up. Of course we have put our own little small ideas and building practices to make the boat to our likes. And you know that Doc and I are very seasoned builders. But I will say that they have been a blast to build. Great job guys.

[

Rod I must say that you and David Hall have done a wonderfull job of pushing these boats. The one most important thing I see coming from this is for the boaters to have a boat to build from a set of drawings and cutting a them out of a small pile of wood, building, finishing and setting them up. And then having them run very well on any motor. What better way to promote a hobby. There has been to many pocket book racers that have just bought their boat ready to run and get upset and quit not knowing the enjoyment from the hobby. This for me is why Doc and I have built 6 JAE boats. I have done the building and Doc has done the painting/finishing and we have both have put together and set them up. Of course we have put our own little small ideas and building practices to make the boat to our likes. And you know that Doc and I are very seasoned builders. But I will say that they have been a blast to build. Great job guys.

Mark,

I am sure I speak for David ,we both really appreciate the kind words......The JAE effort has done more than we could have ever hoped for......

To our surprize,the JAE's are continuing to enjoy tremendous interest and acceptance not only in North America but world wide.......what is even more satisfying is the cross-section of modelers that are building JAE boats are not just racers but are the new RC boaters that are being introduced to and enjoying the hobby we all enjoy so much.........

It goes to show that even in a bad economy you don't need a fat wallet to enjoy this hobby.......Believe it or not we really didn't "push" the boat......The surprizing number of positive testimonials are what sold the boat......You Tube videos,the ease of construction and set-up,and last but definetly not least,the low initial cost all contributed to the popularity of the JAE concept..........

Once again,thanks........we appreciate it...... ^_^

Rod

just a fast report of its maiden voyage...the AA21 showed to be a great motor with very easy start and plenty of power... this combo surprised most of us with good speed and stable handling even during its a break in... the little Jae ran on rails....but as Rod pointed out running time is very short due to the small tank..anyway t Fernando is pretty glad with his first project..I guess most of you that was planning to put a 21 in a Jae .12 will be surprised with its predictable performance..next week it's time to play with wheels

Gill.

Gill,

Try 2047's they should get you there.

Or V-947/3's if you have any.

Good Luck Testing Be Safe, :D

Mark Sholund

Back