KRE90/Road Runner

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completed the first bench run of my new KRE 90 powered Road Runner. There aren't many of these motors around but I was able to buy a new one here on IA. I first had the motor sent to Ralph Almirola who made me a new mount for my road Runner. John Beardslee has one and was kind enough to share his setup info and several pictures of his motor.
I purchased a 90/101 Excalibur pipe from Stump Fab and have it set at 12" for the first runs with a 1667 prop. I'm running 50% Technology fuel with 2 OZ of caster oil added for some extra break in lube, can't hurt. I set the needle with my Borris flow meter to get a good rich needle . The motor started and ran nice and fat with lots of smoke indicating a good mixture. The first run was for less than a minute checking for heat, I then let the motor cool for about 25 minutes. The next run was for about a minute, a little richer and nice and cool.
The motor should be now ready for some rich runs at the lake. I did tear the motor down after the bench runs and everything looked perfect. The first test will be at the Huntsville Nationals in Oct and New Orleans in November.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20230729_145727370 (1).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20230729_145727370 (1).jpg
    631.3 KB · Views: 3
why does the motor have a red head and then a blue head.. do they make more then one?

Back