Asking for prop recommendations

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Woody

Supporting Member
Now that I have a couple of boats and a few power plants with spares, my next hurdle is starting out with at least a couple of props to start out for each boat. Both will be nitro powered. The first is an AC nitro cat. Its about 36 inches long. It is currently powered by a Picco 80 EXR, with a couple of spares. I also have a couple of new OPS 80 super engines. The second boat is the SGX rigger I purchased from Rick. It currently has a Mac 67 that I have not run but the bearings feel good and it still has some pinch. Other than that I know nothing else about the Mac. I Also have a couple of OPS 67 super engines and will probably buy another 67 Mac or CMB if one comes up for sale. For the time being all engines will stay with factory timing and run on30-40 % and recommended oil mix. I have no ambition or delusion with getting back into the hobby so just participating is my primary goal for now. Thanks in advance for any info.

Woody

Just to be clear, I am wanting to purchase finished props. The prop selection has changed in the last 20+ years and I was hoping some of the prop vendors would be able to offer a few for sale...something to get me in the "ball park".

Woody

James,

H-30 is .187” bore and the H-32 is .250” bore both run well on the SGX-67.
The ABC 2417-19*-38% or 2419-19*-38% will also run well on the SGX-67.
The Picco-80 cat will like a X-457/3, X-460/2, or an X-460/3.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark

Back