June Fun Run

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a call a little while ago from the Parks & Recreation Dept. We have the go-ahead from them to hold the Fun Run (like that was going to stop us anyway)! Now I have to make a trip up to Plainwell to the DNR office to get the Regatta permit. Usually that's no problem either. There is one DNR Officer that likes to know when we run them so that he can come and watch. They radared our boats one day at an outing in Allegan. :)

wswatzell said:
that would be really cool If they show up & radar our boats for us! :D
as long as it's just th radar and not the ticket book usually attached to it

:lol: :lol: :lol: luckily they don't give you a fine for going fast with RC boats, they give you a trophy!!

wswatzell said:
luckily they don't give you a fine for going fast with RC boats
knowing my luck they'd still find a way to give me one.. but more than likely for going to slow, not too fast :lol:

hopefully it will be done then... if not totally complete it will be really close

Last Years Fun-Run Turned out Great Except Kids In The Water :lol: ill be There Hopefully..it all depends on how i am doin Then I will be stuck Liftin 5lbs for 6-8 Weeks For my surgery..but hope its turns out like last year it was awsome...... no doubt about that we should get a Radio-Channel Chart anyone think of that ??? We Dont Want Buddies Crashing ! And It would be cool Bring some HOT-DOGS and the grill and a couple 2-liters and maybe some Music 2 Listen to while Wrenching on the boats :D :unsure:

Eric Olson

Last edited by a moderator:
Im on Channels FM 87 for Cat and Rigger.

My mono is channel 61 FM.

Other boat if it comes will be on 61 as well.

Tom

as last year, Mary and I will be on 27 with 1 - 6, easy to switch around if need be.

Mark.

75 channel 1... so far :)

just got 68 on order :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think that matters much, a friend of mine is on 62 and he always gets worried, he siad he likes it a few channels apart, nothing has ever happened.

But hey i will sit back when your running, I Like watching the dragonfly anyway.

How many people are SHOWING UP FOR SURE?

PJ ever say hes driving up? :p

Tom

Bad news about the Dragon Fly, it is out of commission right now, because I am going to put a new drive system in it. The old original one tore itself apart, so I am upgrading it to a flex drive. I am also going to change the motor mount to an isolation mount. It was a solid mount, & when the engine was running, the whole boat vibrated badly. I really doubt that I will have it finished in time, I want my hh12 finished, & my wife's Wild Thing finished. I suppose it would be possible if I had the extra money, I’ll just have to wait & see.

Hey I was just contacted by a guy in GR that runs Gas boats by the name of Keith. he is a member of the inactive GR Wave Runners. I invited him along as well.

Wade, Keith e-mailed me also and wanted to know if he could show up. Yes, anyone can come!

I dropped off some flyers that I made up and dropped them off at Extreme Hobbies, the store that is only about a mile from Spring Valley Park. The owner, John Dole is going to pull a new Miss Buttwiper off the shelf and bring it to run. Wow, a Movie Star is showing up! :D OK, he was in that Six Pack flick with Kenny Rogers. That was John's old race car that Kenny drove in most of the movie and John had some bit parts.

Ron Olson said:
Wade, Keith e-mailed me also and wanted to know if he could show up. Yes, anyone can come!I dropped off some flyers that I made up and dropped them off at Extreme Hobbies, the store that is only about a mile from Spring Valley Park. The owner, John Dole is going to pull a new Miss Buttwiper off the shelf and bring it to run. Wow, a Movie Star is showing up! :D OK, he was in that Six Pack flick with Kenny Rogers. That was John's old race car that Kenny drove in most of the movie and John had some bit parts.
you lost me man....

side note still waiting for fedex to deliver my stuff. somehow my the 3 in my address was entered as a 9 and when i noticed it the tracking had already been marked as incorecct address... so i called and fedex was supposed to bring it by yesterday.. still no sign of it.. nothing new in the tracking page... I HATE FEDEX! something always goes wrong when i get stuff shipped by them... from now on i'm going back to only shipping wiht UPS and prioity Mail... at least they deliver before 6pm, drop stuff at teh main office, or ask them teh correct address if somethings not right.

ok i'm done http://home.earthlink.net/~cyslyde/*****.jpging now

Sounds like the biggest turn out yet, I think i will get that number thing from the deli and we all can take numbers. :p :p :p

Course if i take it from the deli, You know whos going to have # 1 ticket :D

I really am looking forward to it again, get with the "old fun run guys" as well as all the new people showing up.

Hell shall we set up a table as "for sale items"?

Tom

wswatzell said:
Tom, we might have to coordinate a little, I’m running on 62FM
This sounds like it could be a good time. Thinking of showing up and bring who ever else wants to go with me. Looks to me you may need a radio impound and Freq. board. Better safe then sorry.

Ken

I'll try to get Eric to make up a Freq board or see if a buddy has one. I have a bunch of cheap clothes pins that we can use.

We did some swapping last year at the Toledo Fun Run so bring along some goodies. Post what you have in advance to see if anyone is interested in what you have. I've got that Grey Thunder to unload if somebody wants a cheap boat for a kid.

I'll get with the Parks Dept. to see if they can get us some more picnic tables down there.

Back