June Fun Run

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron, were you going to try you get a permit so we could set buoys? We should set up times to launch certain size boats if we are concerned about small boats running with large ones. If we have a small turnout, I don't see a problem, but if we get a crowd like there was in Toledo, we might need a pit boss of sorts. What do you think?

I dont know about setting "times" to run different size boats.

I dont think it will be as big as the last toledo one, but i think most of us use GOOD jugdement about when to run.

bouys would be good.

Tom

Lets get a tally of what we plan on bringing.

list is my list.

1. "Don Q Rum" 7.5 tunnel

2. HH12 rigger (If I get it done in time)

3. Wild Thing mono (if I get it done in time)

4. the BAW tunnel (or ObNut is bringing it for me) :D

My buddy Juice and i will be there, we,ll bring gas and nitro boats to run. Cats Monos and tunnels That should be enought plus a kiyak. :)

I can talk to the Parks Dept. to see what they have to say, their Office is less than a mile from my house plus I can see if there is going to be anything else going on that day in the Park. The City is trying to get people to use the Park more often as they are putting almost One Million Dollars into fixing it up. There should be no problem getting the Regatta permit from the DNR, I'd get it for 2 days so that I can set them up on Saturday afternoon. In the meantime, I'll start saving up the Tide bottles.

Lets see here, this will be the group of boats we'll be bringing:

1: Solution (13cc)

2: Sport 40

3: Pink tunnel (3.5cc)

4: Bar Code tunnel (3.5cc)

5: BAWT for Wade :D

6: Quickie 40 (complete or not)

7: 10' jon boat :p

Mark...

Well i can squeeze 3 in the car is all.

being 2 months away, hell anything can happen with the boats.

but probably

My Rigger

My Cat

and a Mono of somesort, eather insane or twncft.

Tom

i only got one i'm planning on bringing unless i get the sport 20 done by then but i doubt it cause i'm going to start sending teh money tomorrow

i can bring the kyack but if dale wants to bring his i don't have to. and i'll more than likely have christy with me

AWWWWW........you guys are so sweet! (gettin a little misty-eyed here)

OK I'm over it now. ;)

I've already talked to a few of the Locals around here, Dave Homer might show up with at least a Wild Thing .21 and a JD WOF 3.5 tunnel or two. Still trying to get with Terry Stuller, Ric Carpenter and George Dalecki. Some of the LHS employees want to watch, one might take a boat off the shelf to run!

I know where I could get a clock but that would be overkill.

Keep it simple there Ron, Bouys will be just fine.

We dont need a clock, its a fun run. Course if you jump the start your not out right?

T

I agree, we really don't need a clock. After all, we arn't really racing. My friend Steve might be able to go, he will know for sure as teh time gets closer.

As Wade mentioned I am hoping to make it. It is my wife's B-Day that day. If I do make it I am hoping to have a my dual 3.5 OB Cat Running, otherwise it will be just my 3.5 Tunnel.

Clock... I've got one of Grim's Clock on CD.. :p

Cool. This sounds like it's going to be another fun one.. Let's not forget to bring some food along this time.. Me get hungry :blink:

Mark...

Just kiddin' about the clock but I can get my hands on one. One of the guys I mentioned has one taking up space and wanted to know if I have a place to store it. There are Restaurants about a mile away along with a new Hobby Shop just North of Mosel after crossing the Kalamazoo River on the left. There is also a Party store just down the street from the Park for junk food and pop.

While I'm posting, here's directions for those coming in from I-94. From the East, get off at Exit 81 (I-94 BL) and go to the 2nd light, Sprinkle Road. Turn right going North to E. Michigan Ave. (next light past M&M Motor Mall). Turn left, go to the 2nd light and turn right onto Riverview Drive. Go past the 2nd light and look fot P&C Auto Body and the Kalamazoo Township Police Station. Go up until you see the Park sign. If you go to the water tower, you went just a little too far. From the West, get off at Exit 80, Sprinkle Road , head North and follow the same route as Westbounders once you cross the Business Loop. Those from the East can get off at Exit 80 if you miss Exit 81 but it's less hassle.

Man O man, IF everyone shows up there this time, Going to be full house there.

Should i get the number thing from the local deli? So we can take a number to Run the boat? :p

Thanks for the directions Ron, Are we going to be at the same spot as before?

10am ???? Start time?? :D :D

Tom

Sure, the same time as last year. I'll probably be there early so those that are coming for the first time can see where to go. It isn't difficult to see once you come down the hill into the Park. There are 2 parking lots close to where we run at, so we have enough parking room.

The latest update on the Fun Run. I stopped down to the Dept. of Parks and Recreation this afternoon. The Spring Valley Park renovation is supposed to be done, I'll have to stop up to see how it looks. I talked to a woman there that is going to check to see what I'll need to let us run there. She said something about "renting" the Park for the day. No charge, just a formality. She will see if I need the Regatta permit also from the DNR for setting up the buoys.

Wow, I'm getting excited about this already!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thats great news, If its not TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH Trouble to "rent" the park for the day, that would even be better.

Ron, Just want to say thanks for the effort on this, and for getting things set up with the park.

Tom

I want to see what this "renting" is all about. With permits in my hands, hopefully it would eliminate any hassles with "The Man" in case there are any complaints. Noise does get to be a problem in this City but all you have to do is get an OK from the right people and you could put Woodstock on. They're building one of damned Bandshells downtown and guess where it's pointed toward. Calls to the Police last year got me nowhere. You can't keep your windows open on a Friday or Saturday night without hearing some kind of music until 1:00 AM in the Summer.

Back