June Fun Run

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, bring her along! At least she'll have some other female company there. My wife did a little R/C truck racing then she didn't try out a boat until one afternoon a few of us got together to play and I handed her the transmitter. I lost that boat that day and had to build another one for myself as she started racing that one. Wade's wife Missy had never run a boat either until last October in Toledo and now he's building her one as you know.

i seem to remember some trash talk about boys and toys from the fairer sex during the toledo run.. funny thing is i believe one of them was quoted to say "dont tell my husband, but it was fun" :lol:

I doubt that she will say it was fun but I may be surprised.

BTW I will check on what channels I am on tonight.

Wade-

What time do you plan on heading out? If you don't mind maybe you can stop by the house and I will follow you down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee, That quote sounds familar.....huh, now let me see.... oh ya, I am building her a boat!! :lol:

Remember Wade, that was HER Christmas present! You might have to show how to run it a few dozen times to see if everything is dialed in......... :rolleyes:

OH, BUT OF COURSE, I HAVE TO RUN AT LEAST A GAL OF FUEL THROUGH IT, JUST TO MAKE SURE IT IS RUNNING RIGHT!! LOL!!!! ;)

Whether or not it takes him a dozen runs or 2 gallons I could and can only hope that my wife would find it somewhat enjoyable and want run some more. It would give me reason to buy or build another boat. :D :D

well i don't think christy will take te controlls of th aquajet, so hopefully i can get her to try the hydro out.. and if she likes it i got a second kit, my bro bought one then figured assembly was reqquired and gave up

LOL, this is all just too funny.. Mary keeps telling me to stop building boats. :eek: "We have enough already" - yea, like that ever happen :p

Mark...

What about a RACE with just the WOMAN?

We could tape the pool noodles to the outside of the boat and let them race.

that way the noodles will keep the damage down.

Cy,

Dont let the G/F drive the hydro, there addicting.

Sense my rigger and cat hulls, I havent touched my monos.

Wade,

You have to make sure the engine is broken in properly, ( 1 gal ) and then you have to make sure its SETUP good ( 1 ) gal, and then you need to double check yourset up, ( 2 gals ) and then whats broken and or came loose, you need to tighten and fix, and then run another gal through it, and then its ALL HERS.

Tom

That's what I'd like to do, get them all on the water at once, even for just one lap. I've asked Brenda what boat she wants to drive so that I can get her some running time in before the big day.

nitrotoys said:
Cy,Dont let the G/F drive the hydro, there addicting.

Sense my rigger and cat hulls, I havent touched my monos.
fine with me if she gets addicted to my hobbies.. makes it easier when i want to do umm... upgrades :) sides i kinda forgot how much i like building things :)

if anybodys got a line on cheap fuel.. i'll need some.. i'm almost out of the junk i bought last year... might need a prop too

Hey cy, If you can wait until Mid June, then Mark is going to bring some Wildcat fuel for Steve & me. i'm sure if you ask nicly, he might add you to his list. ;)

Tom, I like the way you think. :lol: by the time I run that many gallons thru it, I might need to rebuild something, then the whole thing starts over! :p

enough boats???? how is that possible??? B)

LOL, this is all just too funny.. Mary keeps telling me to stop building boats.  "We have enough already" - yea, like that ever happen 
Mark...
Boy doesnt' that sound familar. Of course after that you get the" Why don't you sell some of those?".... :eek: :huh:

I DON'T THINK SO. You can never have enough. :D

Nitrotoys(Tom)-

Heip is going to join us in K-Zoo. This way you can show him exactly what to do instead of me playing the middle man. He actually sounding pretty excitied about joining us. He laughed and said that once he gets there he probably will want to spend more money after seeing everyone elses boats and want another one.

BTW, this guy is new to the hobby and I know that the whole IW group is a great group of people and he won't have any problems getting all the help he needs to get him going and understand everything.

CySlyde said:
if anybodys got a line on cheap fuel.. i'll need some..
Cy, as Wade stated, if you can wait till June, I can save you the hazmat on fuel. Just let me know what ya need and I can bring it up.. What ya looking for??? Wildcat has 45% or 65% (lower if you want it)..

Mark...

Steve, that is great that he will joining us there! once he sees all those boats, he will be hooked for sure!! I bet he will have a fleet of boats at next yrs fun run!! :D

I stopped at the LHS yesterday and one of the employees ordered 2 boats for himself, a new eletric Hammer and the Nitro Hammer so he wants to join in also! If Dale and others bring their Nitro Hammers and we have a few of the Miss Bud's showing up, we could have some races amongst them!

Cy, grab the latest issue of RCBM, They have an article on hopping up your Aqua Jet in there.

OB Nut said:
CySlyde said:
if anybodys got a line on cheap fuel.. i'll need some..
Cy, as Wade stated, if you can wait till June, I can save you the hazmat on fuel. Just let me know what ya need and I can bring it up.. What ya looking for??? Wildcat has 45% or 65% (lower if you want it)..

Mark...
I was thinking maybe 40 or 45% what is good for breaking in a motor? i got enough of the 10% to subside me till june.

He laughed and said that once he gets there he probably will want to spend more money after seeing everyone elses boats and want another one.
doesn't that sound familiar :p
Cy, grab the latest issue of RCBM, They have an article on hopping up your Aqua Jet in there
shure now they print it.. why couldn't they do that three months ago :lol:

Latest posts

Back