June Fun Run

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is starting to be a big event!! did we want to doa pot luck lunch thing as well?

it is starting to look like we might need a pit boss :eek:

You can go as far as you want to. Want a potluck? No problem! For out-of-towners we do have restaurants nearby. MacDonald's, Famous Recipe Fried Chicken, Popeye's, Chinese food take-out and others just a few minutes away. There are some grills right by where we are running. I plan on bringing a cooler full of pop and water at the minimum.

Right now, one for the unofficial record books, we may have the most women ever running at an event!

other than my wife, your wife, & Marks wife, are there other going? or is 3 a record? :huh:

I've rarely seen more than 2 women at a race actually racing. There were 5 at the Internat's, Robin, Karen, Randy Rapedius' 2 daughters and Randall Thomas' daughter. I talked to Nora Homer, Dave's wife last night and told her what was going on. I can get my sister Brenda possibly also. Her ex-husband used to run boats so she got some radio time.

I have tried to get my suzy to go, Havnet pushed it all that hard ;)

The nitro smells, gas fumes, noise, dirty smelly pond water,

Chance it may be cloudy and not 95 and pure sun, IM LUCKING OUT HERE :D :D :D For the record, I have asked 3 times. Same answer, Am not asking again,

Why is it, a guy can flip a boat, roll a boat, run into bouys.

But you give the controler to a woman, they think there going to BREAK IT RIGHT AWAY. Why is that?

Anyhow for the record channel 87 FM.

and 61 FM.

If i have been reading right there is going to be a LOT OF PEOPLE THERE.

Tom

Tom, It defently sounds like there are going to be a bunck of people there!

It is going to be a fun time!!

Can someone send me the address of the park so i can get a map or just send me the directions, i get lost easy is the same park as before ? :huh:

Dale,

Go to the middle of Page 3 and I have the directions for getting there from the East. It will be easier this year as the have the bridge construction done that was detoured around last year. On the first page where Wade posted a map, East Michigan Avenue is shown as M-96. Yes, it is the same Park with a lot of improvements over last year. The big thing that you'll notice is a paved biking/hiking trail between the parking lot and the lake.

BTW, if you happen to stop at Tony Packo's sometime before coming up, I could use 2 more half-gallon jars of sweet-hot pickles. I just finished off one after getting 2 when I went to the Toledo show. hey were on sale for $7.11 a 1/2 Gallon. Meijer's charges $4.99 for a little 24oz. jar.

Last edited by a moderator:
SSSHHHHH. :ph34r: I'm going to get the hardware I need for my dragonfly 60 today. I wasn't planning on it, but what the hay! I would hate to go to the fun run without it! :D

It wouldnt make it a FUN run without that dragonfly.

I knew you couldnt go without taking it.

I know toledo one had alot of people there, and this sounds to be even more.

Tom

I was thinking the same thing Ron. Putting the Dragon Fly before Missy's boat :huh: :D :lol: Just kidding Wade. I thought I would give you a hard time. That will be cool to have that running again and I can't wait to see Missy's boat.

got my fedex shipment today (bout time) I got

68 - if i have the sport 20 done that is

those are channel #'s and i got the ribbing glued just gotta find the time to start sheeting it, now that i got everthing but the motor :(

71 and 68 are his frequencies. Get rollin' Mike! Sorry, I don't have any extra .21's laying around, plenty of .12's though!

OK, I think that I'm going to be on 6, 72, 84 and a few others that I can't remember off hand. It's been a long Winter.

duh, silly me. I guess i'm a bit slow :blink: makes perfict sence now

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron Olson said:
Get rollin' Mike! Sorry, I don't have any extra .21's laying around, plenty of .12's though!
well i think i have a motor lined up.. just waiting for the good word on it. last shipment of peices and parts should be here tomorrow.. unfortunatly i don't have a day off till next week tues :( i'll be doing some building then though

other than my wife, your wife, & Marks wife, are there other going? or is 3 a record?
I just mentioned to my wife about joining me in K-Zoo and she said maybe. I think that it maybe more unlikely to happen but there is a slight chance. So we may need to add one more to that record number. :D :lol: She doesn't run boats :eek: and never :huh: has but who knows if she shows up maybe she will give it a try. :D

Latest posts

Back