Impba D12 Race #3, Centreville, Va - June 27-29 2014

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I guess he can't get paint scatrched then right! LOL
Chili send John a pic of what the transom looks like so he'll recognize it when I go by, drive it like ya stole it baby!! LOL!!!
Yea, send me that photo so I can know to pass on the outside with no problems. LOL.
Yeah yeah yeah, the only outside pass you'll be doing is when we pass each other going to and from the Porta-Potty.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Let Ezra drive, John. He looks like he'd take no prisoners. Make sure you shout out "Honk, Honk!!" when you pull around the outside. Boating etiquette and all................ CHEERS !!! Bob

P.S. Thanks for the steering wheel, Don. Gonna work GREAT !!!

Okay folks. Less than three days until the cut off for accepting entries. Registration closes at midnight on Tuesday evening. We're at 99 entries now but I'm still expecting at least a half dozen more. Looks like all classes will run except the combined Nitro/FE 1/8th scale and Open Tunnel. For those that already entered, please double check your entries and contact me with any changes and corrections. The weather forecast is looking like typical June weather in the mid Atlantic. Mid 80's on Friday with increasing heat and humidity for the weekend with temps in the upper 80's and a slight chance of Thunderstorms.

We had a half dozen people show for the club's last test and tube before the race. We spread two tons of gravel in the launch area so no slipping and sliding. I also personally invested in a another PA Amp along with a inverter generator (so I don't burn out the new amp). Steve Sutton will be doing Karaoke for lunch since Ron Shaw can't make it. On a personal note, at test and tune I detuned my P- Mono so Mr Ferrette can handle it..
default_laugh.png
Just kidding. She is a rocket and I can't wait to see how she does against John's Rico and Wild Thing. We also tried a new set of sponsons that George Anastasi made for my S Rigger. We continue to get her running a little better every time out and I hope to give Don a little competition in Open Hydro.

We hope to make our race and my CDing a little better every year and we're always open to suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got that 100th entry. It just took a little arm twisting of Mr Liddycoat to give the Nitro guys some representation in Open NItro/FE Hydro. Actually the only thing you have to say to Scott to get him motivated is "Let's Race"

Thanks to all of you for supporting our race and exceeding the participation of last year's June race. We're getting a little better numbers each year.
default_smile.png

Chilli,

I didn't think heat had a lot to do with electric but I was wrong. The hot water lake temperature has made me have to prop down on the p monos. The speed controller on the wild thing went thermal on the 4th lap. Went to a smaller prop...... Thermal at 5th lap. Propped down.......thermal on 6th lap buoy 5. Went to smallest prop I have and thermal after 6 laps. Need 7 laps total! De pitched prop......7 laps at 42 mph. This is like nitro!!!!!!!!!

Don may be kicking my butt after all! Oh well, we will have FUN!!!

John

Was flat water and 74 degree lake water for cooling. The worse the boat will ever see.

At least with other boats running the water will chop up and there will be less stress on the ESC.

PM sent. Temperature wise I was at 131 degrees on my ESC yesterday (P-Mono). I don't like to go too much higher. Water temp at the pond was still cool but will keep an eye on it this weekend during the warmer weather. The Swordfish 220 seems to be performing well so far.

For planning purposes, the first five classes run after the drivers meeting on Saturday will be:

B-Sport Tunnel

B/P Mono

JS/Crackerbox

Novice

D12 Stock Gas

Is this race open for entries???? :) looks like i'm the first 2 heats, pitting for john c. in #3.

Funny Guy.
default_tongue.png
Sorry your front loaded on the first few heats but your other two classes are spread out nicely. I try to spread out the classes based on type. Especially for the electric guys that need to charge battery packs. This line up is extremely close to what I ran last year and it worked out pretty well.

Looks like we'll be running 108 entries in 19 classes.

Here is the order we will run:

B Sport Tunnel

B/P Mono

JS/Cracker

Novice

D12 Stock Gas

B/P-Lim Hydro

Gas Mono

Sport 20/ P-Lim Sport Hydro

Gas Cat

Open Nitro/FE Mono

Thunderboat

RTR

Open Offshore

B/P-Lim Tunnel

1/8th Scale

Gas Sport Hydro

Open Nitro/FE Hydro

Sport 40/Q Sport Hydro

Gas Rigger

Chili what time will open water start?? Need to drive that P mono of yours before I disappear for a few hours to take my mother out to lunch.
default_smile.png

Open water at noon noon on Friday but we should have the course and drivers stand set up on Thursday so if you come a little early on Friday, you can probably throw the boat in the water. The boat turns great with no bad habits. Point and Pass!!

Open water at noon noon on Friday but we should have the course and drivers stand set up on Thursday so if you come a little early on Friday, you can probably throw the boat in the water. The boat turns great with no bad habits. Point and Pass!!
Sounds great, I plan to be there to drop the trailer around 10:30.
default_smile.png

Cool.

Doing the worksheets for High Points folks. If you are running more than two classes, LMK which two you want to apply for the high point Trophy. The more I do now, the less hassle at Registration.

Also, Wrist Bands will be issues.

Have fun this weekend fellas...cannot make this one due to work, and work comes first...:did I just say that??!!

We got half the set up complete this afternoon. Will finish up tomorrow morning. The weather looks fabulous this weekend with temps in the low to mid 80's and little chance of rain. Looking forward to a great weekend of racing. Will see some of you tomorrow and the rest on Saturday. Drive Safely!!

Back