IMPBA D12 Race #2 Centerville, VA June 4-5, 2016

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to thank everyone that attended the race this past weekend. Without a doubt It was one of the most enjoyable races I have hosted. The forecast was ominous for the entire weekend but the RC Gods were smiling on us because we got nothing worst than a drip or two of rain on all three days. With Sundays weather looking really bad, I let everyone know on Saturday morning we were going to work through lunch and wouldn't stop until we finished three heats. Everyone was ready for their heats and our new retrieval boat worked flawlessly. We finished heat three by 6:30 pm and all our racers were on their way home by noon on Sunday (before the weather hit...)

Thanks to the Capitol Crew for giving it all they've got. Special thanks to Robin who did most of the retrieval duty this weekend and Mike F who came up with the food truck idea which took allot of extra stress off me. Thanks to all the folks who helped CD for me. Especially Don Ferrette who gave me a couple of hours worth of breaks.Thanks to John Finch and Jim Skelton for fixing the linkage on my son's sport hydro so he could take the win. Thanks to all the folks that generously donated raffle items. including ML Boatworks, Dick Tyndall, Mike Tyson, Lawless, Bam Racing and Offshore Electrics,

Pete, You surprised us when you showed up on Saturday. Thanks for the great shots!! We always enjoy having you and one of these days I'm going to glue a transmitter to your hand.

One thing I forgot to mention at the close of the race. Three of our racers are graduating high school this year. We've watched these kids grow up from snotty nosed kids to young men. My son John is done racing for the year and will be attending welding school in Jacksonville in the beginning of August. I believe Charles told me Kobie will be attending culinary school up in Philly and Dylan will be attending college in Florida in the fall. I know these kids have learned allot of life lesson racing with us. I hope they will be back racing with us in the future.

Charles, I'll post race results in a few days. I think Carl has them.

Good luck to those going to Gas and Nitro Nats. See you all back in Smithfield.

Back