HOBART 2014

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got home. They've been really busy at the race so I don't know when the results are going to be posted. Give me a little time and I'll see about posting some pictures.

Ron, Did you finally get to meet Hobbs? I seen Alan Yuen in a pic and I think Al Hobbs sitting in another. Hobart is on my bucket list, lol

Yes, finally. We talked for a few minutes. Al did some work for me on a Kalistratov .45 a long time ago but it was nice to put a face to a name.

Alan Yuen was there picking on me about my Jersey Skiff and sat with us at the banquet.

Ollie and Ron Jefferson were the only Canadians that I saw or knew of.

The Aussies were what you'd expect, crazy!
default_biggrin.png

Lots of stories from the event and you'll probably hear a lot of them. Somebody stole one of Ron Zaker's shoes that he left out overnight, why not both we don't know.

I've got more shots that I've got to get from my cell phone as I got that thing to work once in a while.

Really, you have to hit Hobart at least once. The people there are fantastic as I talked to a lot of them. I get to see many of the racers that I only get to see at that event only, many the best in the sport that I'm in awe of just being around them. Jerry Dunlap just about living in the retrieve boat all week long when he wasn't racing. The weather not really cooperating a couple of times. Today the launch dock was completely under water due to the amount of rain.

Yea, Marty, I hope they keep the 4 day, 5 round format.

Can't get enough racing at that great site!

Glad you and Mike could make it up there,

had a good time hangin with you guys, think about next year!

Yes, finally. We talked for a few minutes. Al did some work for me on a Kalistratov .45 a long time ago but it was nice to put a face to a name.

Alan Yuen was there picking on me about my Jersey Skiff and sat with us at the banquet.

Ollie and Ron Jefferson were the only Canadians that I saw or knew of.

The Aussies were what you'd expect, crazy!
default_biggrin.png

Lots of stories from the event and you'll probably hear a lot of them. Somebody stole one of Ron Zaker's shoes that he left out overnight, why not both we don't know.

I've got more shots that I've got to get from my cell phone as I got that thing to work once in a while.

Really, you have to hit Hobart at least once. The people there are fantastic as I talked to a lot of them. I get to see many of the racers that I only get to see at that event only, many the best in the sport that I'm in awe of just being around them. Jerry Dunlap just about living in the retrieve boat all week long when he wasn't racing. The weather not really cooperating a couple of times. Today the launch dock was completely under water due to the amount of rain.
Ron

thanks for posting the pics..

the one that stole One shoe instead of two...well it might be easy to find a one-legged guy...lol

Another great experience at Hobart! Lots of hard work by many people to put on a race like this. The Hobart City Parks Department was there everyday to make certain we had what was needed. You just can't ask for more support. Thank to Bruce. Thanks to Stu. Thanks to the city and people of Hobart. To top it all off, the Mayor came over to me and thanked me for being there. He tried to talk to everyone and pass on the gratitude of his city because we had come to Hobart to hold a boat race. It is just amazing.

We are still in Hobart packing. Thanks Stu, Bruce Kyle, Pete for a great time. The best boat race I have been too. Caught up with old friends and made lots of new ones

I will be back.

Thank you Stu, Bruce, Kyle and the long list of other workers to put on one the best races there is. I have the best time at this race and it gets better every year.

Latest posts

Back