HOBART 2014

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I hear that right? Ron Z. Jr. nominated to the Hall Of Fame?

If so, awsome job buddy!
default_smile.png

The "Size Matters" results are: First - Jeff Schindler with 2925, Second - Mike Betke with 2444, Third - JD with 2400(of which 1600 were provided by Ron Z., Jr.). Thanks to Rod Geraghty for providing the two Nova Rossi .12 engines for first and second and Joe Petro for the gift certificate for third.

A few more Hobart photos:

1. Jeff Schindler's 2nd place Sport 40

2. Mike Z.'s 3rd place Sport 40(lost run off to Jeff)

3. Stu Barr - Managed to win the Clock Tower award along with running the event.

4. Mike Z.

5. Mike Z.'s VS 1 took second in Sport 20 Tunnel

6. Shawn Barr's E Hydro.

JD

My son Mike and Grandson Rob told me that Hobart was a great race and I should come to it. So this year Kay and I came down to cheer on the team. They were absolutely correct. Stu and all those who assisted him put on a great race at a great place. We had a great time and enjoyed meeting a lot of old friends and meeting many new ones. I will be there again next year for sure. With a lot of prodding from Mike and Rob I will be a contestant as well. Congratulations to all the winners!!!!!!!!!!!!! JB

The 6th annual INDY MASTERS at HOBART (33rd for the event) is in the books now. The sponsors and contributors that helped make this happen:

AA Motors, Bam Racing Fuel, Mark Bullard, CMB/Crapshooter Boats, City of Hobart, Rod Geraghty, Hobbico,Jaguar Hydros, Nova Rossi Motors, Steve Odonnel Fuel (Punch) and Plugs, Props-4-You, Tanks-2-U, Brad Maglinger (Texas Roadhouse), Jack Rabbit Racing, Virginia Craftsman, Woodstuff Products and Zipp Kits.

Bruce has greatly improved our retrieve equipment and there was NO lag in this area anymore. Bruce and Kyle did the majority of the retrieving, but they did not have to look far for helpers. Nice to have an electric start and a boat that would not tip over!

The Scoring Teams did a GREAT JOB! They were there at the drivers stand for their shift. Thank you to the Score Captains and their teams: Don Ferrette, Stu Barr, Steve Ball, Mike Betke, Ron Zaker, Jr., Jerry Dunlap and Bruce Jacobs!

Scoring Tabulator: Rick Kirbitz. He had scores posted faster than ever and made the conclusion seamless.

Olive Lathan was our raffle/check in and shirt sales lady. She did a great job!

Rcracingevents has been updated with the scores. However, the site does not show some special awards. This was the second year that we had this special award (BONE HEAD MOVE OF THE DAY). Winners of the award were: Jerry Dunlap, Mark Bullard, Dan Pralle and Oliver Douglas. I will let them explain how they were chosen. Next year, we will have bibs for winners to wear at ALL times.

Jersey Skiff tabulation on rcracing is not correct. We tried to weave the boats in on Saturday and Sunday, but the site did not allow us to tabulate correctly. Correct tabulation is: Ken Stang (1325), Chad Greene (1175) and Paul Bychowski (1125).

Other Special Awards:

SIZE MATTERS AWARD: Jeff Schindler (biggest winner) and Paul Bychowski (biggest loser)

JAGUAR HYDROS AWARD: David Preusse (B Hydro)

JOHN BARR MEMORIAL: Ron Zaker, Jr. (D Hydro) with a 15 year old Crapshooter

MAYOR'S AWARD: Dick Tyndall (Thunderboat)

CLOCKTOWER TROHPY: Stu Barr (best score with two boats)

This year was down on attendance for various reasons. Next year, I am hearing that the West Coast and more from North West will be back. Some from Norway and more from France will plan on coming. Our buddies from Australia say they will return also.

Jim and Janet Herrick (our Hobart connection) plan on some new things for next year that will grow our race. One new thing for next year will be a steak dinner by the Lions Club for all of us on Friday evening at the Community Center (same place we had the Saturday dinner).

I am glad it is over! It was a lot of work. The thank you's from many of the drivers made it all worth it! See you next year.

Stu

Last edited by a moderator:
The pink towels were too easy to hide although they were required to wear them.

No mention of Bruce's donation to the raffle and maybe that was something that should stay in Hobart. Let's just say that Sunday morning was a little rough on a few people with that bright sunlight.
default_blink.png

I knew that scoring was off in JS as I knew that I didn't have 3rd place, but man did we have fun with that class!

Thanks Stu and Bruce for allowing us skiffers to run sat and sun. It was my first hobart experience and hobart is such a nice place to run.

I like the "Bone Head Move of the Day" towel good as winning the Unlimited. People will forget me winning the Unlimited but they won't forget the "Bone Head Move of the Day"

I hope to get to this race in the next couple years. A really nice showing and a lot of really good racers.

I even heard that Len Skwiera (Hall of Fame Member) showed up to watch.

Looks like Stu spanked you guys with 3 Jackets. THAT'S IMPRESSIVE and ran the race too....

Also, see that Ron Zaker, Jr got another one. How many can that be? Must be well over 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
JD's Bonehead Move of the Day was earned while docking the chase boat on Thursday. I shifted into forward rather than reverse slamming the boat into the wall. Kevin Sheren told me my head bounced around like one of those bobble head dolls. Now there's a thought - a "Dunny Bobble Head" doll.
default_rolleyes.gif

JD

Back