HOBART 2014

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all !!!! This event should be on everyone list of must do's. Great time, Great City, Great Race Site, Great Competition!!! I like the 4 day format, but what retired "Old Dog" wouldn't, it gives plenty of time to visit with old friends and meet new ones.

John

Thanks to the city of Hobart and the crew from Indy for putting on a good race. Jerry Dunlap, thanks for hauling my boats around so much on Saturday in the retrieve boat. He made more laps hauling my boats than I drove them.
Well, at least there's pictures of your 1/8 Scale finishing round 5.

JD
Thanks Jerry. Returning to dock needs practice. 1 for 10 not too bad?? LOL

I finally recovered after Stu scared me half to death in the econolodge parking lot at 5:30 in the morning!!
default_ph34r.png
default_ph34r.png
default_ph34r.png
default_biggrin.png
default_rolleyes.gif

Duke.. your boat looks good in round 5.. you are this "-" close... to taking home a Jacket!

Grim

Nice to see the scores, makes the race better running 5 rounds against stiff competion.

In Sport40 hydro did Jeff win a run off for 2nd against Mike Z or was it a coin toss? Chris T kind of ran away from the competion and it was closer points in 2nd to 5th.

Nice to see My SSP45 placing in the top spots.

Great job for Bryon in sport20 hydro His SSP21 still runs great with 4 firsts, what happen in round 1?

Congrats to Rob B with his win in scale hydro, the points were close thru the top 5 spots.

Great win for Dick T in Tboat, 1st thru 3rd was a close point race, but Dick how does one get 19 points for a heat score?

Thank you Stu and all of the Indy boat club for a well put on race. And thank you for letting us run our skiffs Sat. and Sun. Been there every year and would not miss it. KEN

Phil, We missed you at the race.

Jeff and I putted around some and I got something on the fin.. the boat was pulling left and right.. I tryed to clear it on the back and blew the boat off.

Was a fun race.

grim

Congrats to all the winners but a special congrats to Rob Betke in Scale. Rob has been on a roll winning the past 3 scale finals here in D-2 and continuing the roll at Hobart. Nice job man. See you on Sunday at Spencer Park.

Great win for Dick T in Tboat, 1st thru 3rd was a close point race, but Dick how does one get 19 points for a heat score?
It's called fourth place with 3 buoys cuts.
default_tongue.png

I was calling for Dicky (as I generally do) and he got pinched down in the first corner and ran over a buoy. He found out at the next turn it had virtually no steering control from the rudder getting kicked up (hence the 2 more cut buoys) so I told him to stay real wide, go slow enough to still have some control of the steering and limp it home. Even 19 is still better than a zero
default_biggrin.png

Congrats to all the winners but a special congrats to Rob Betke in Scale. Rob has been on a roll winning the past 3 scale finals here in D-2 and continuing the roll at Hobart. Nice job man. See you on Sunday at Spencer Park.

default_tongue.png

I was calling for Dicky (as I generally do) and he got pinched down in the first corner and ran over a buoy. He found out at the next turn it had virtually no steering control from the rudder getting kicked up (hence the 2 more cut buoys) so I told him to stay real wide, go slow enough to still have some control of the steering and limp it home. Even 19 is still better than a zero
default_biggrin.png
HA good save, but it ould have been better by 6 points to just shut it off before the finish line and take a dnf, but you all didnt know that.

default_tongue.png

default_biggrin.png
HA good save, but it ould have been better by 6 points to just shut it off before the finish line and take a dnf, but you all didnt know that.
Incorrect Phil as a DNF is 25 points and the 3 buoy cut deductions would have made it a zero.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a lot of debris in the water Saturday morning and although the crew in the retrieve boat did the best that they could with the water moving so fast through the lake it kept coming after the storm. in the first round of Jersey Skiff, one hull ended up with a big hole in it and mine had a chunk missing up towards the bow but just patched mine over with radio box tape. Several rudder shear pins got broken throughout the day. I was told by one of the locals that there are a lot of beaver dams upstream so that may be where a lot of the wood came from.

Incorrect Phil as and DNF is 25 points and the buoy cut deductions would have made it a zero.
default_wink.png
DON F

Yea thats right, I have to get back to racing this month been out too long forget the rules HA

Incorrect Phil as and DNF is 25 points and the buoy cut deductions would have made it a zero.
default_wink.png
DON F

Yea thats right, I have to get back to racing this month been out too long forget the rules HA
We'll just blame it on the good meds they gave for your recovery.
default_biggrin.png

Moments that meant the most to me..

Ron Jr (Hall of fame)

Don F (the giver)

Douggie T (never quit at all costs)

Big B (winner winner)

My buddy Paul (mate!)

My little Red Head and Davy P (what can one say)

We had a GREAT TIME

Grim

Hey guys. If anyone has pics they want to share and go into the Roostertail please send them to the IMPBA office. Really looking for Ron Jr. and his Hall Of Fame plaque. And Mike that boat does not make her butt look fat. LOL!!

Chris, Kevin was looking for shots of that from the race also so I don't know if he got any. I didn't take as many as I'd wished I had and left my photographer (daughter-in-law) home for the week.

Sheila started that joke about the boat and her butt! It was going on before she wore the T-shirt.

Uncle Phil, we all missed you there and were hoping that you would have shown up on Saturday. Just don't bust up anything next year!
default_biggrin.png

Back