HOBART 2014

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron,

What does carded mean. I want to buy it then consume it. If they give it to me I will just consume it.
Paul,Fortunately there is a Pub within stumbling distance of the pits (they should rename it the Turn 1 Bar)! I'll be on the balcony watching the action.
default_wink.png
Also great for pinching one off, if the turtles head shows up. Beats the porto-john.
default_ohmy.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've walked by it a few times during racing hours, heading to the Dollar General for something. They've got one of our local brews there on tap, Bell's Oberon.

I see a lot of trouble there.

Only a few more sleeps and I'm on my way. Starting to get a bit excited.

Where i come from, they're called charmin turtles. I wouldn't trust either of those guys, paul. I saw them last weekend, they haven't changed.....

Usually around 8:30-8:45. The first day there usually is some kind of opening ceremony, no telling what they'll do. Most of the time the Mayor stops by and a singing group from the High School will sing the National Anthem. Just show up early to get your pit area ready then grab some coffee and donuts.

I have to miss the first day but would not miss this race for anything. Better late than not at all,cya for round 2

The Aussies have landed! Just got off the phone with Paul Stirton, he and Paul Osmond were on the bus ride over to pick up their rental car then they head here to the Hilton Garden Inn to hook up with us. First stop tonight is Longhorns for steaks, drinks and a game plan for the week. Hobart may never be the same................
default_tongue.png

Hobart (and Merrillville) haven't been the same since the first race there!
default_biggrin.png

The trailer is loaded, got a few things to pack in the morning, top off the tank, get ice and I'll be rolling. I found out today that there's a Longhorn Steakhouse around there earlier today. The road where the Red Roof is at had a row of good restaurants on it. It's nice to have the Cracker Barrel within walking distance of the Econo-Lodge.

Don, remember that they drink real beer so their best bet is to try some microbrewery suds. They might like your Bicardi too.

The Aussies have landed! Just got off the phone with Paul Stirton, he and Paul Osmond were on the bus ride over to pick up their rental car then they head here to the Hilton Garden Inn to hook up with us. First stop tonight is Longhorns for steaks, drinks and a game plan for the week. Hobart may never be the same................
default_tongue.png
Game plan!! Traveling is a fried out Kombi, on a hippie trail, head full of zombie.
default_wink.png
Have fun.............==={}

ready to scoot out of here in the morning.. see all soon and good luck to all.

Grim

Life is good in Hobart! Good friends. Nice weather. Good breakfasts at the Bright Spot. Nice people coming up and saying welcome to Hobart.

Al Hobbs

Back