HOBART 2014

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i understand Stu. It was worth a mention. I live 30 minutes away just can't get those days off work
default_sad.png
Stu can write you an excuse slip!
default_biggrin.png
The other racers can autograph it too.

Pete, I'm waiting to see how entries are going as we get closer to the 15th as I can move from one gas class to another. In Open Mono I can run my boat that I didn't enter initially as I was going to run my Cat on Open Gas but can park that. Things aren't looking so hot right now in the Jersey Skiff class either. I'm holding out on my motel reservation in case we can't fill two gas classes as I can't see staying there for 5 days and maybe be able to run in only one class as that's a lot of expense. Even if I don't race I'll be there as I'm not that far away.

That won't go over well. How could I tell my wife Iost my job to go to a boat race. I can't even tell her that I bought another skiff yesterday. Ron maybe will see you in Evansville. We will be bringing 2 maybe 3 skiffs

Been there with the second one!. I got one from Kevin Sheren then bought another that I snuck into the house from Mike Menter, an Insane. The wife didn't notice the difference until a few weeks ago when she came down to do some laundry and I was working on the Aeromarine I got from Kevin. Why I keep part of the basement dark.
default_biggrin.png

I'm retired now so I don't have to worry about an attendance policy or points as they got stricter a few contracts ago, too many abusing the previous system. I previous years I'd burn up a vacation week to go.

I was going to let Stu make it few laps driving open water with it as I heard that he had fun driving one at another race. I built this boat for Hobart after seeing that they offered the class last year and I kinda wanted one anyway as they just looked like a blast to drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are a blast to drive. We just had a 10 lap feature at the Chicago challenge race. I put a camera on the skiff. Video attached. My company got bought by a very large one and they have blackout dates you cannot take vacation. Unfortunately memorial and Labor Day weeks are blackout weeks

That's what's nice about seniority. I was up to second highest in my department so I got second choice on what weeks I wanted. I'd take one week in April which happens to be the same one as spring break to go to the Toledo Show then I'd grab the week of Labor Day for this event, another one that people wanted. Too bad, so sad as they'll get prime weeks when they move up the ladder. First time around you get 2 weeks in Prime Time, April 1st until Labor Day. I could have been a real jerk and grabbed the opening week of deer hunting season just to really make them mad!

When you've got a department where just about everyone has 6 weeks a year of vacation time, the good spots get taken up fast!

Checked the magazine area at my LHS today and there are still some issues of RC BOAT that had the article I wrote on Hobart. I can bring copies to Hobart for anyone who is interested. The cost is $9/copy. Let me know and you can pay me at Hobart.

JD

The skiff and thunder boat classes were added to please the crowd, so they will run most likely. Those classes just don't qualify for a jacket or major prize. So it's up to you guys to drum up more entries. We may have the thunder boats run the correct direction on the course for more realism. bj

Thanks Bruce, put in on our shoulders!
default_biggrin.png

I initially was going to enter in 3 classes but thought that it might be a bit much with me running solo this year without my son and daughter-in-law coming along plus a new grandson on top of that. I found that out over the weekend when we raced in Saginaw with an overnighter much less than trying to do it for 5 days!

If you'd still take me and the other entrant as an exhibition class I'd even do that. I'm not worried about trophies when I race anywhere but it is a bonus if I manage to get one. I just love running at Hobart, the fun, hanging with those that I've learned a ton from, the people of Hobart which all who I've met are fantastic people. You, Stu, Kyle and everyone else that put on this event work your tails off. This event really kicked the "A" Hydro class into gear. I saw I think about 9 of them racing yesterday, many who will be there.

Thunderboats, crackerboxes/skiffs are definately fun classes to run and fun for the spectators. I dont think the thunderboats will run counterclockwise very well. It would be like a thunderboat demo derby

Entry cut off is this coming Friday, August 15th. Paid entries must be received by mail before Wednesday, August 20th. Get them in people. See you in less than a month.

Stu

Rod Geraghty asked me to run the "Size Matters" event again at Hobart this year. As those who have attended/participated in past "Size Matters" events, the first entry must be a A Hydroplane. The second boat can be any other size rigger hydroplane belonging to the A Hydro racer or another participant. Total points accumulated by the A Hydro and the other hydroplane will determine the "Size Matters" winner. There is no cost to enter. However, plying the "Size Matters" event director with beer is an option.
default_biggrin.png

All those racing A Hydro are automatically entered. I suppose an A Hydro racer could "opt out of all the fun and prizes," but why would anyone want to do that?
default_wacko.png

JD

If Stu and the skiff guys would be open to it there are 3 skiffs that could make it Saturday and Sunday. We would be willing to pay the entry fee and scratch the first 2 days and run on Sat and Sunday.

I'm open to anything right now and there's only 1 other JS entered at the moment. If we can't do anything then I have another boat to put in another class.

Right now I'm waiting for the 15th as I don't want to spend a lot of money to only race 1 boat. I'm not making my room reservation until then. My Cat will run in Open Gas and yes, this one will stay on the water. I've got my Rampage that I can put in Open Mono.

If you want to have a fun clockwise race I'm sure the JS could do that as they have no turn fins or skegs. I'd take it easy on the T-Boats!
default_biggrin.png

If Stu and the skiff guys would be open to it there are 3 skiffs that could make it Saturday and Sunday. We would be willing to pay the entry fee and scratch the first 2 days and run on Sat and Sunday.
Bruce and I had a long talk about this. We came up with this for this class ONLY. We will not run these on Thursday and Friday and will run a minimum of three rounds on Saturday and Sunday.

Fine with me. It looked like only myself and Bob Nauss were the only 2 entered at this time so if they bring 2 more that would help.

Looks like we are going to have a good showing of Futaba and AquaCraft Marine members.

Grimracer

Douggie Twaits (NAMBA HALL OF FAME)

Big Bryon

Ron Zaker Jr (IMPBA HALL OF FAME)

Don Ferrette

Jerry Dunlap (NAMBA HALL OF FAME)

Andy Brown (IMPBA HALL OF FAME)

Mike Schindler

We have a great group of members on our team..

If you have any questions or need help in anyway the team members are there to do the best they can to help and provide answers to any Futaba and AquaCraft questions you might have.

Back