Hitec Lynx

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they just recently released that proton 4e receiver. I have the update adapter for my radio but have not updated my radio to the latest firmware yet. For those interested the tool that links the radio to your computer is Hitec part # HPP-22 PC Programer. It does other things besides firmware updates too.

Ron some ESC's have bec's built in that have voltage for servos, I think some had adjustable voltage but it's been a few years since I played with electric helis where we used them. I used a lot of castle creations esc and their customer service was great and I'm sure they can help answer your questions if you give them a call

Thanks John
Thanks John. I am using this system in a new nitro build but if I ever decide to run in a FE setup, this info will help.

I updated my TX using the HPP-22 adapter link, if I can do it anyone can (PC illiterate). Now the Proton 4E links easily. It is also a good practice to rebind your receivers once in a while. I was switching boats and RX's and lost some range on a couple receivers. Now I number each RX and bind and use it only with one specific model # on the TX. Rebinding will link your RX and eliminate some frequencies it may pickup from other active radios.

Mic

I updated my TX using the HPP-22 adapter link, if I can do it anyone can (PC illiterate). Now the Proton 4E links easily. It is also a good practice to rebind your receivers once in a while. I was switching boats and RX's and lost some range on a couple receivers. Now I number each RX and bind and use it only with one specific model # on the TX. Rebinding will link your RX and eliminate some frequencies it may pickup from other active radios.

Mic
Yes you want to bind that radio to it's receivers where you intend to use it or you are not going to get the best performance and bad signal rejection.

What's different about the proton 4 e
It doesn't have GPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Proton 4E does not have the built in gps like the Proton has. It does have other telemetry capabilities just not the speed meter. It is also much cheaper because of the lack of GPS.

Ron, I am curious, what you are trying to setup by using a 4s lipo in a nitro boat? I figured you were talking about an electric boat.

Ron, I am curious, what you are trying to setup by using a 4s lipo in a nitro boat? I figured you were talking about an electric boat.
Brian,

Im not using a 4S LIPO. Where did that come from LOL? I want to look at using higher voltage battery packs (14v-35v)

Forgot but on the HiTec it isn't just the rebind you do at the site on these but rather what they call a RF Scan and then bind it back again.

RF scan.png

Daniel, I have actually done the RF scan and had it solve a signal problem I suspected I was having at one particular practice pond I go to. So I use that feature every time I go to a different location just to be safe.

Daniel, I have actually done the RF scan and had it solve a signal problem I suspected I was having at one particular practice pond I go to. So I use that feature every time I go to a different location just to be safe.
Brian,

Do you perform this step during early morning or late evening "quiet" radio time or during the middle of the day when stray signals, especially from other radios being used, are at their peak?

The pond that has signal issues I run all alone. I usually go there in the late afternoon. What was happening was my engine would shut down while running or I would lose rudder control for a split second. I have the failsafe set on the radio to close the carb. I was pretty sure the failsafe was activating and shutting the engine down. I decided to try the RF scan and didn't have any more problems. Every time I went there this would happen until I did an RF scan. Now I go ahead and do the scan before attempting to run there every time. At races I do the scan in the morning when I first set up just to be safe. But when I first got the radio and wasn't doing the scans I never had a problem anywhere except the one practice pond. So I am not saying the radio has a lousy signal, it's just one pond and I know for sure now that doing the RF scan does make a difference at that pond.

Bought this set about two weeks ago and ordered two of the proton 4 4 channel (GPS) today. Can't wait to install and run. Pulling out a Spektrum DX3C which I have never had any problems with. MR3000 receivers Always full charge on batteries. Sounds like this radio should last me for awhile. Great to hear all the comments, good info.

Ron

I'm going to have to try this. I have 4 different boats with Proton GPS receivers, and I have problems with the one in my JAE Minisprint. Only that one. Maybe this will solve the problem. I sure hope so. I will report back. By the way, I have always bound the receivers at home, and never did the RF check. Duh, maybe I should read all the directions.

Bob

Ronnie, when you turn on the radio, use the scroll wheel to bring up the screen that shows MPH. That screen also shows the rest of the telemetry. Get in to the habit of doing that right when you turn it on so your not fumbling with the scroll wheel while your boat is already in the water and your trying to see the speed.

Brian,

Thanks for the info. Have you tried the other features, Temp, RPM yet? I have a tiny tach for my gas boat but it's not real time. I would like to see real time RPM. Something to look at for the future.

Ron

Back