Gas Cracker Box

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that it's epoxied into place then when you use fiberglass cloth on the seams that also helps to hold it in place.

Lots of ways to hold the radio box in place. Lately I've been running a bolt through the radio boat and rails using short 8-32 bolts with blind nuts in the rails, one on each side. Square stock like basswood can be used in front of and behind the box to hold it in with tea cup hooks and rubber bands over the top.

Gas super sport is a great entry level gas class that is affordable. Stock motor mono haul and now you can throw that old tuned pipe your not using anymore on it. My 10 year old runs it and we have a blast together.

The rules are the rules but parts availability and just the age of engines is diminishing the "Classic Crackerbox" class!! Nip it in the bud and go with stock 26 engines with or without pipe and let them run!!! Set up is more important than what stupid powerplant you have bolted in the hull?? Yes it's true Crackers are nothing but a flat bottom mono class now and we don't bump and grind thru the turns anymore that's why a lot of the fun has gone out of the class.. My Dad and I built three and entered them all to make the class just to let somebody drive them and beat each other apart "**** it was FUN" back then!!!!\

Later!!

Pat

The rules are the rules but parts availability and just the age of engines is diminishing the "Classic Crackerbox" class!! Nip it in the bud and go with stock 26 engines with or without pipe and let them run!!! Set up is more important than what stupid powerplant you have bolted in the hull?? Yes it's true Crackers are nothing but a flat bottom mono class now and we don't bump and grind thru the turns anymore that's why a lot of the fun has gone out of the class.. My Dad and I built three and entered them all to make the class just to let somebody drive them and beat each other apart "**** it was FUN" back then!!!!\

Later!!

Pat
You are more than welcome to come race with us, we are having more fun than I could have imagined for a boat I had no interest in at first

I have been trying to figure out a way to make the Zenoah, Rev, CY, Sikk, Race Pro type engines legal.

You could specify a $200 or so limit on engine price, and 26cc limit with no mods allowed.

I am all for strict regulations on this sort of thing. Makes it much easier to get what you need.

The goal will always be to even the playing field, even though the Crackerboxes are sort of self limiting as far as power goes. High speed barrel rolls anyone?

Make it a Claimer rule just like that is used in small stock car oval tracks. Some have a $500.00 claimer so that someone isn't dropping big bucks into a Chevy 350. It's probably higher now but this was quite a while ago. If you spend more than that figure in what you could have only gotten out of it anyway with it being used. Make it $220.00 or $250.00.

I know that I've beaten this dead horse a lot but I just can't see favoritism for just one brand of engine, this is why I'm not in C-Box or T-Boat.

Ron. It needs to be brand specific. There are to many stock motors that are not equal in power. We tried to have a few motors for the stock class and the RCMK was on that list. Then they came out with the Evo with was stock but had some slight factory mods and a huge advantage so that is when we went Zenoah only. The Thunderboat engine rule is Zenoah only and in most cases is the largest class at many races. Zenoahs are everywhere and parts are readily available. It all comes down to setup and driving skills as the class should be. The dollar amount will not work. I for one will not police motor prices to make sure someone is not cheating.

Well I posted a poll on our IMPBA D1 FB page and it looks like 99% are in favor of making the C-Box class stock and with

26cc zen's only now to wait and see where this goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just make it so that the engine must be the same as the current engine requirement for Thunderboat.

As much as I would like to see our Race Pro engines included, I am more interested in growing the class, and I think this one simple change will do just that.

Joe

I have not seen that big of a difference in the motor brands. I know I will get hammered for that statement. But I don't like to see one company get locked in. I say 26cc any brand. If you go pro stock car racing or motorcycle it's not one brand it's a set of specs.

I was the 1%er.

Where does a person go that wants to race a box-stock anything but a Zenoah? What's there to tech? The same bore and stroke. Pull off the top-end to see if any work has been done in there, it'll be obvious if the forgings have been messed with.

When is it time to let Rcmk 254 evo do some racing , The way the rules are it seems to be to never let them in any sort of stock class racing

Back