First Run Stryker-F-41 Cat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Olson

OK, I started it so I guess that I have to go first. The first run of my Stryker-F-41 Cat. It did OK considering that everything was new and running a small prop.

DSCF1170.JPG

f41 looks like cg is setup right

Bob A prop suggestion would be a 6717 #425

how do you like the rampage ? im running a lazer 45 and am in the market for a new hull

Love it when my son lets me drive it!
default_smile.png
She's fast and loose in the straights but digs in in the turns.

What's funny is that all of my current boats came out of the same place, RC Boatworks. The Rampage, Stryker F-41 and my Insane Jersey Skiff. I can color match them all. OK, there is an Aeromarine JS in the basement right now also but it was gutted to use in the Insane. They've got some new colors also, Tangerine and Sea Foam.

Yeah, I had a Lazer 45 before getting the Rampage, there's no comparison.

BTW, I just dropped a full-mod RCMK 30cc in the Rampage during the winter. If it's too much for the hull then it'll go in the Cat and the mill in that will go into the Rampage.

What prop on the Mono?? and what do you think you need? have you tried the 2716/ 2 20 degree rake? Should work on the Cat, very well, No lift.

the 6717 mentioned should work on the Mono.

Later;

Randy

2716's and 6717/3's are great props but usually good places to start. I bought a PWW 7016/3 that was supposed to be the hot prop for my Rampage as Carlo and Antron were supposed to be using it on theirs. It was a major dissapointment as I ran out of prop way before I ran out of motor. Tim Martin told me what prop to use after going through just about every one in my prop boxes. The one that I needed I won at a race but had never worked on it! I'll have to see if I can read the number off the hub as I can't remember what it was. I want to say that it's a 2814/3 chopper but don't hold me to it right now. Man, the boat really woke up! In the straights it would ride on the prop and rudder.

Ron,

That is a good propeller, but it needs more pitch for a good gas motor.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

Mark, it was originally supposed to be one of those special props where one blade was supposedly pitched up more than the others. I contacted Bob after I got it and asked him which blade was the one and he replied that he quit doing them that way.

Now I'm back to square one with the 30cc in it.

Back