Evansville Little Thunder May 17-18

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please tell me what you thought about the new LED display clock, good and bad. Since it is a prototype, I would like your input so I can make changes before I finalize the design. I know there was a problem with drift due to ice destroying our permanent clock anchors, Alan said he will get that problem taken care of soon.

I was sorry to hear that my rival in Gas Cat was getting out of racing. Mark I wish you all the best and don’t be a stranger.

DonB

Results posted anywhere ?
default_rolleyes.gif

Scale.

Phil Thomas 1

Tom Kelly 2

Samuel Hagan 3

Sport 40

David Hagan 1

Phil Thomas 2

Chris Thorton 3

I don't remember the rest.

Please tell me what you thought about the new LED display clock, good and bad. Since it is a prototype, I would like your input so I can make changes before I finalize the design. I know there was a problem with drift due to ice destroying our permanent clock anchors, Alan said he will get that problem taken care of soon.

I was sorry to hear that my rival in Gas Cat was getting out of racing. Mark I wish you all the best and dont be a stranger.

DonB
The new clock was great. The only problem I could see was you can only see it good at a straight view. From a angle you can see it very good. Other then that very nice.

Results will be posted tonight.

Many people took the first 2 rounds to get their boats tuned and dialed in from the winter. Also the wind was a little high but not that bad on Saturday.

The last two rounds on Sunday, there was some great racing and my little gopro camera got some good video. I will upload some of the better videos this week.

I was sorry to hear that my rival in Gas Cat was getting out of racing. Mark I wish you all the best and don’t be a stranger.

DonB
thanks Don, it's been super fun but, life changes , higher callings , family first , we'll see how things work. Clock was awesome I thought , I'm sure if you see an improvement to be made you'll handle it .thanks for all the years!!!Mark***

I had a great time thanks to the River City Racing Club for hosting a well oganized event. Also thanks to Pete and Mark for the pit help, looking forward to the Nats.

Alan

DonB
I liked it alot. I wish the flash for the start was a bit brighter ( always liked the strobe) or maybe a louder horn would work. But to me those were minor things. I was always able to glance at it and know exactly where i wanted to be.....and I had some GOOD starts. There were very few people jumping the start and that should tell you something.

BTW Thanks Evansville for another great race. I know some had to be gettin tired of all of Gavins questions on the judges stand and I appreciate your patience. He sure had a great time and he never let go of his trophy till he got home.

Thanks guys for a great weekend even though I thought you addition was off I didn't think there was anyway I took third in cat.

well that was my first trip there. had a lot of fun. thx for putting on a good race i will be back in the fall

thx rob

Results top 3 for each class:

RTR

1st Ethan Heusmann

2nd Matthew Cook

3rd Gavin Lewis

B Sport tunnel

1st Steve Peak

2nd Rob Williams

3rd Alan Elzer

Classic Thunderboat

1st Phil Thomas

2nd Wes Ellet

3rd Linda Brown

Sport 20

1st Phil Thomas

2nd Alex Hildreth

3rd Dale Hobbs

Open Mono

1st Michael Lively

2nd Terry Rogers

3rd Charlie Muench

B Hydro

1st Alex Hildreth

2nd Jason White

3rd Jeff Schindler

Open Nitro Tunnel

1st Alan Elzer

2nd Charlie Muench

3rd Curtis Maglinger

D Hydro

1st Dave Sandell

2nd Ken Hildreth

3rd Gary Staus

Gas Cat

1st Michael Lively

2nd Don Brown

3rd Rocky Farmer

Sport 40

1st David Hagan

2nd Phil Thomas

3rd Chris Thorton

Gas Sport Hydro

1st Michael Lively

2nd Jeff Austin

3rd Terry Rogers

E/F Hyrdo

1st Alan Staus

2nd Gary Staus

Gas Scale

1st Jeff Austin

2nd Harvey Liberman

3rd Wes Ellet

Open Gas

1st Mark Ward

2nd Teddy Dudley

3rd Bob Willner

1/8 Scale

1st Phil Thomas

2nd Tom Kelly

3rd Samuel Hagan

Thanks Aaron! I was helping to dig a 40' section of storm drain out tonight so I just got on to post the results. You did a fine job so I'm off to bed.

I will get some video up soon. The camera position I used on Sunday has a perfect view of the start line. I have been going frame by frame and you wouldn't believe how close the starts are. We called almost all of them correctly. It really i amazing considering these boats travel 40 - 50 feet from the time the clock goes from 1 sec until the strobe. Its very hard to call the start but if you are over you get called.

I have some video too I have a video too of a scale heat and that Bud had a perfect start in one heat.

Here is one of the gas scale hydros from Saturday.

Sam,

The drift problem is being taken care of.

Pete and Wes,

Since you are the only two committing about the horn, my first suggestion is Miracle-Ear. I had mine in and could hear it just fine.

I will work on it, along with the strobe.

DonB

Don, I thought the horn was perfect. Don't want it to be much louder or it will become a nuisance for our neighbors

Back