District 3 sport .40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be all done tomorrow.

Yes it is not legal with 2 props.

Unless the class rules at that race say it is. That what is stated in the NAMBA rule book.

Unless the class rules at that race say it is. That what is stated in the NAMBA rule book.
Outlaw racin', That's what I'm talkin' bout !
default_ph34r.png

You hear this J.........I think you are being called out.........................
default_cool.png

If you build it thy will come to play...................................
default_happy.png

Last edited by a moderator:

David, I don't want to disagree with you,,, but I will! If this is what you are referring to

9. No twin propellers will be allowed, unless otherwise specified in specific class rules.

from the NAMBA rule book, I think you are misinterpreting the rule.

unless otherwise specified in specific class rules.

what this is referring to is this.

5. Sport X Hydroplane a. The class will be named Sport X Hydroplane.

b. Minimum hull length will be 40”.

c. The engine must conform to Class X specifications, see Section 10 – rule A.1.

d. The use of twin props and drives will be permitted.

Sorry,,, but lets not go changing published rules, just because.

Hows that working out for the Classic Thunder Boat class?

Well lets just say this if you are all Skered just say it don't hide behind a rule book. If it is stated in the race flier then it should be good to go.

If not then I guess he will just play by himself at the pond. Don't think he gives a #$@! either way.

Wonder why J don't race any more?

Well lets just say this if you are all Skered just say it don't hide behind a rule book. If it is stated in the race flier then it should be good to go.

If not then I guess he will just play by himself at the pond. Don't think he gives a #$@! either way.

Wonder why J don't race any more?
David,

If you or Julian would like to run your creation in 40 hydro by all means, lets have some fun! If you would like to make that happen, lets get em entered and see where we end up after 4 rounds.

I have no idea why Julian doesn't race any more? He made it sound like it was the "politics" of model boating that drove him away.

In my opinion, starting BS like this is "Bad Politics"

But using the rule book as a reason for not racing is a piss poor attitude!

It is what it is........................Will see when it comes time if it can happen.

Don't want to speak for J........... I'm just building the boat for him.

Would be a sham not to race this boat .

Ha. Funny my name gets thrown around. My reasons for stepping away from heat racing was not because of the rule book it was because how some people in the hobby are just rude and have piss poor attitudes / disrespectful and the politics BS behind it all.

I'm Not going to put names or clubs out there because it's happened and it's is what it is. I have no issues with clubs or people in the state of Florida just so everyone knows. I just choose not to race and just test.

I have more fun testing my boats where there is no pressure and BS it's just me and my boats.

Now as far as sport 40 is concerned the multiengine rule is dumb how are we suppose to foster innovation this rule was made after james ran his and some people got mad and then it was banned and the rules where changed. This hobby is about fostering innovation, competition and people to think outside the box is a hobby we don't get paid for this. But As I stated if you guys let me run it great if not won't bother me much either.

Julian

Not to run Rauls thread any further off course- and I have zero intention of running one- but what was the REAL reasoning behind that rule for sp40 ? I have to agree with J that its a dumb rule-at least from the outside looking in- Was there that much of a marked gain by running 2/ 21s vs a single 40 ? or was it bad blood between the person(persons) that proposed the rule change to single only and the person with the twin ?

let it run, hell one 21 is hard enough to keep running let alone 2, if it's competitive and stays running, let it eat...

I think with our new Director in the District he might approve it our old one was stuck in the mud, i would like to see the twin 20 sport run, ran against one several times in Michigan but that was IMPBA and the Director approved it

I'm coming for all you single sport 40's . Don't be SCARED.

Julian

Dinosaurs went instinct and so will rc boat racing if we don't advance with the thecnolgy. You can't keep just running with the same rules from 30 years ago.... then complain why race attence is down or you run a class with 3 boats only

Section # 7 Page 1
default_cool.png
default_wink.png

I will ask again as IF that where to happen , it would happen in the backyard of the person that pushed for a single engine only- I know some of the back story-but not all of it.

Why was there a push for a single only in the class ? Was there a distinct advantage running 2/21's vs a single 40 ?? or was it just bad blood ??

Section # 7 Page 1
default_cool.png
default_wink.png
I will ask again as IF that where to happen , it would happen in the backyard of the person that pushed for a single engine only- I know some of the back story-but not all of it.

Why was there a push for a single only in the class ? Was there a distinct advantage running 2/21's vs a single 40 ?? or was it just bad blood ??
http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=69381&page=4&do=findComment&comment=695701

Here's the thread and some info for you andy

Andy dose not matter at this point.................................

Just time to move forward not dwell on the past.

You can't change the past unless you have a flux capacitor........
default_rolleyes.gif

But you can determine the future........................
default_sleep.png

I think Confucius said that.........
default_smile.png

Back