best petrol catamaran

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ray wright

as title, whats winning where you are? very difficult to decide what to buy, lot of communication problems, so with an open mind im after a proven cat, I liked the aeromarine conquest but my son has bought one from a uk dealer under licence and its a disgrace! ac boats is difficult to get hold of via his dealers, so what stands out in the cat world?t

The Conquests had issues with a weak seam. I've seen them run but haven't been all that impressed with them.

I don't know of what's really available in the UK except for Dave Marles at Prestwich. Dave has the Mercury Cat http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/Mercury.htm which also goes by the Falcon 41 here in the states and Chimera in some other places.

I had one, not a bad boat for the price.

DetroitRedWingsBoat.jpg

The Conquests had issues with a weak seam. I've seen them run but haven't been all that impressed with them.

I don't know of what's really available in the UK except for Dave Marles at Prestwich. Dave has the Mercury Cat http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/Mercury.htm which also goes by the Falcon 41 here in the states and Chimera in some other places.

I had one, not a bad boat for the price.
to be honest Prestwich is losing his marbles, my son ordered 2 hatch fastneres via ebay and totally different fastneres either its an age thing or he's just selling off crap! marlesy, get your ebay act together and sell proper stuff!!

I haven't chatted with Dave in a long time, we used to on AIM.

Most of what Dave sells like that hull is available on eBay, some with upgrades like carbon fiber reinforcement.

I'm currently running an RC Boatworks Stryker F-41 Cat. It's a proven design that's been around for a long time. It handles differently from the other Cat's that I've owned but hard to put my finger on it exactly. It does rough water very well, something that I know that you have to deal with over there.

Daz Elson is developing as gas Cat hull but it's not quite up to his standards yet so it might be a while before it hits the market.

Les Smith at Performance Unlimited has his new Raptor Cat that looked very good this weekend and seems to like the rough.

www.performanceunlimitedproducts.com/catamaran-hull.php
that is a beautiful cat! I want one
Give Les a shout, very good guy to deal with and Im sure he wouldnt mind seeing one of the new Cats across the pond
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back