• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

AFI Racing Member

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone help us aussi guys retrieve our funds from sales of items that were never sent from AFIracing, as this member has stopped communicating on here.

Being here in Australia , there is nothing else we can do , other than to ask for assistance for those who may know Steve Hearl, and help recover funds or the items

thanks in advance

I hope you guys sort this out Steve has owed me in excess of $2000 for over 3 years I know this is of no help to anyone but I gave up in shear frustration their is always a lot of excuses but never any $'s from him and I am not trying to bash him on here but it is a hard battle when you feel helpless and so far away. And the truth is the truth.

Good Luck Kevin.

Why has this gone so far? Why would an extremely poor character be allowed to trade amongst such amazing people for so long? I feel robbed and denied of the respect that is passed amongst fellow IW members daily.

My life is my family and faith, then work, and my hobby. I have been sent parts from fellow US members as a gift and denied even contributing postage to AU! The help, advice and inspiration received has been second to no other forum. In my eyes there is no comparison with any other web based community of like minded enthusiasts.

As a contributing member of IW and to ensure the happiness and security of fellow IW members I feel the need to suggest that people with slack or poor intentions of trading are never allowed to do so. Maybe a trader rating should be introduced so that members know what they are up against before buying. For me I am $500USD down with nothing to show which means over $750 AUD debt to a man I have never met in a country I have never stepped foot on. Believe me $$$$ do not come easy to me, especially spare to spend on this hobby.

On the positive side I have had plenty of positive experiences in the For Sale section. Good engines, good hulls, good parts etc.

Maybe we can all learn from this and make adjustments for the future. Maybe with the guidance of Don this will be avoided to likely happen again.

Thank you for reading my long post friends,

Warm regards, Norm

As of today this thread will be pinned to stay at the top of the For Sale section. Normally this is not something we do but it seems this problem is more far reaching than just 2 or 3 people. If anyone out there can make contact with Steve Hearl to help motivate him to make things right I'm certain the I/W members who are owed will be grateful.

Steve it's time for you to make things right with the I/W members you owe, this thread will stay pinned until that happens.

For what it's worth I did pm him on facebook maybe a deluge of pms might get him moving

Great move Don!

Good luck to the guys that are owed. I don't know him or ever remember meeting him. This is awful.

I have posted pictures below of the items I made payment to AFI racing a couple of months ago, as these items may not even be his now, (He may never had, had anything to post) - which maybe why Norm and myself haven't received anything, the pics may help, if any reconise's them,

Norm - might help if you do the same

Thanks Shane,

I do not have pics of the goods as the thread has expired. Don if you can please help me out with the pics from the For Sale advertisement would be great. I purchased from Steve Hearl a white Phil Thomas Sport 40 Hydro with Detroit Pistons decals on it and separately a MAC 45 engine. The hull had all running gear and servos but no prop.

Warm Regards, Norm

Thanks to a VIP member of IW I now have a pic of the boat purchased from Mr Hearl, also purchased was a MAC 45 with plenty of pinch left apparently. I plan to enter this boat in the NSW state titles end of January, fingers crossed it gets here before then.

Sport40.jpg

Thanks Shane,

I do not have pics of the goods as the thread has expired. Don if you can please help me out with the pics from the For Sale advertisement would be great. I purchased from Steve Hearl a white Phil Thomas Sport 40 Hydro with Detroit Pistons decals on it and separately a MAC 45 engine. The hull had all running gear and servos but no prop.

Warm Regards, Norm
Norm,

This is a very unfortunate situation for everyone involved. I had a few mins this afternoon so I spent some time today to research some of these threads that involved the items you guys purchased. Here is the thread concerning the Phil Thomas Sport 40. I wish there was more we could do. Good luck.

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=65512&hl=

Shane,

Hopefully you and the others get this resolved. Unfortunately that wasnt very much but at your tequest I did what I could. Send me a PM if you need any more help. Good luck.

Ron this is being taken care of from within please let those people take care of it and not get in the middle which makes things worse

PLEASE EVERYONE - put personal differences aside and let's work towards the common goal here.
default_smile.png

PLEASE EVERYONE - put personal differences aside and let's work towards the common goal here.
default_smile.png

default_smile.png

default_smile.png

default_smile.png
xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Normlee I didn't realise ampba was running sport 40 ,,nice one,
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
David, its called GP Hydro in Aus. All the best guys, hope this gets resolved for you. Im feeling your pain at the moment

Latest posts

Back