2016 IMPBA Nitro Nats / Internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it is official. Just got the call last night. IMPBA board approved the bid.

July 15 - 17 in Rochester NY. Set up day and open water on the 14th starting at noon. All nitro classes to be run. There will also be a Thunderboat shootout as part of this. Race format will be shootout style where after the first round heats gets shuffled and all high point boats race against each other. Round 5 will be the top 6 boats in each class only. High points accumulated from all 5 rounds determines the winner. A flyer with more details will be available soon.

I would like to thank the Rochester Model Boat club for stepping up and doing this. This is going to be a great time in the middle of summer. About time we had a big event in July up here.

Thanks again Matt and the gang.

Awsome!!!
default_smile.png

You got it Phil. This is NOT a winner take all final event. Points accumulated over 5 rounds will determine the winner.

The top 6 boats making it to the final round is just a way to speed things up given it is a 3 day event.

Just an update. We will be opening up registration on January 9th for the 2016 Nitro Nats. We are working on finalizing the hotel details next week. Now that the holidays are over time to dust off the boats and get ready for next year. A flyer will also be out next week.

Hey Robin,

Tomorrow at 9am. Have had a real busy work week, I will fill in the event details tonight after my daughters hockey practice. I have rooms blocked at the micro hotel for $85 a night in Victor. 15 min from the site.

I just tried.

It says "We're sorry. This event is not scheduled to accept entries until 2/8/2016. Please return on 2/8/2016 to enter."

How do I get registered?

Is there a boat limit for this race?

We have it on the planner just can't lock anything down for a few months..... Building a new house this summer not sure when its going to be finished etc..

Thanks,

The boat limit is around 225. I think you could decide in a few months and we could fit you in.

Please check your registration. We had one of our club members sign up and I received his paypal but his registration never showed up on rcracingevents.

Back