.12 JAP boat plans now available

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rod, I'll take a copy. It won't get done until maybe next winter as I'm swamped right now trying to get 5 or 6 boats ready this week.

[email protected]

It's good to see this class really taking off now!

These .12 plans are the results of a joint venture between Rod Geraghty,David Hall,Ron Zaker Jr. & Martin Truex Jr.This design approch has been built,massaged and tested a great deal.....read the text block and follow the instructions.

There are [3] sheets of drawings.David Hall drew them in Autocad and we transposed them into a PDF format.

Send your e-mail address [email protected] I will forward the PDF drawings to you.......

When you get them copy them to a CD,go to Kinkos and have them printed on [3] 24" x 36" sheets scaled 1:1.

You will end up with a full set of templates...

Hint: take the template drawing and put clear shipping tape on the front and back of the templates.

Cut them out with a scissors and shazaam you will have template to trace onto a sheet of plywood.

If you have any questions call me........1-715-926-6096

Rod Geraghty
Can I also get a set of plans sent to [email protected] thank you

I talked to Joe Solinger last night and he has established a price for the rudder and motor mount kits...

The rudder is $20.00 and the motor mount kit is $10.00.........now that is a deal.

The rudder and motor mount kits are universal and can be used in other boats also.

One of the goals that David and I had when starting this adventure was to have a 60+MPH,.12 rigger,that would run in less than perfect water,for under $300.00 [less the radio].That would include building materials,motor,pipe,fuel tank,hardware,etc,etc,etc........You know,I think we have done that.... ;)

As of last night I have sent out just about 100 sets of plans and every couple of hours I check my email and there are 3-4 more requests for plans.........

Keep em' coming........Rod Geraghty

I talked to Joe Solinger last night and he has established a price for the rudder and motor mount kits...The rudder is $20.00 and the motor mount kit is $10.00.........now that is a deal.

The rudder and motor mount kits are universal and can be used in other boats also.

One of the goals that David and I had when starting this adventure was to have a 60+MPH,.12 rigger,that would run in less than perfect water,for under $300.00 [less the radio].That would include building materials,motor,pipe,fuel tank,hardware,etc,etc,etc........You know,I think we have done that.... ;)

As of last night I have sent out just about 100 sets of plans and every couple of hours I check my email and there are 3-4 more requests for plans.........

Keep em' coming........Rod Geraghty
please send plans to [email protected] thank you.

I would be very intrested in seeing the rudder for this boat, does it have a water pickup?

Thank You,

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be very intrested in seeing the rudder for this boat, does it have a water pickup?

Thank You,

Paul
You can see the micro rudder @ www.solingerrc.com .The rudder Joe will have for the .12 boat will have a longer blade and a different

hinge attachment.He has a illustration of the rudder.Ask him to send it to you.The rudder does not have a provision for a water pickup.

Thank You,

Paul
You can see the micro rudder @ www.solingerrc.com .The rudder Joe will have for the .12 boat will have a longer blade and a different

hinge attachment.The rudder does not have a provision for a water pickup.

Thank You,

Paul

hinge attachment.The rudder does not have a provision for a water pickup.
We run our .12's without any water cooling whatsoever.We have run cut down air-cooled heads and in fact we have run motors with only the head button doing the cooling duties.These motors run just fine with a properly adjusted needle.

I am going to design an auxiliary heat sink that will slip right over the head button.I will try to post an illustration of it later.

Very nice rigger plans! Question: When I measure the plans the boat is 14" wide. But the notes say to experiment with width, but should be 16" minimum width to the outside edges. I think you mean 16" maximum width, correct?

Very nice rigger plans! Question: When I measure the plans the boat is 14" wide. But the notes say to experiment with width, but should be 16" minimum width to the outside edges. I think you mean 16" maximum width, correct?
Yes ,16" is the recommended width but definitely not the maximum width....I know the drawing shows 14" but we couldn't get the 16" width on the drawing without crowding everything..... ;)

Great Job ,& under $300 That's a hit in it self ,one clarity please 1/4 DIA or 1/8 DIA composite booms tubes .The 0.236 ddp ultra lite looks right The micro graphite rod is heavy looking What would be the smallest you would use?Was there a post on posts ?Buy the way somebody is going to ask about the KISS principle .http://www.cstsales.com/Hollow_Carbon_Rods.html

Great Job ,& under $300 That's a hit in it self ,one clarity please 1/4 DIA or 1/8 DIA composite booms tubes .The 0.236 ddp ultra lite looks right The micro graphite rod is heavy looking What would be the smallest you would use?Was there a post on posts ?Buy the way somebody is going to ask about the KISS principle .http://www.cstsales.com/Hollow_Carbon_Rods.html
Neil...........you make the call on what to use.......whatever you are comfortable with........I personally like the 1/4" variety........the difference in weight

between hollow or solid doesn't amount to a hill of hoohoo and for dam sure the boat doesn't care what you chose to use........ ;)

KISS = ;) :D

Back