JAE Racing...... boat plans/kits release status

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geraghty

Well,it appears we have created a monster with the JAE design style of boats.Response to the boat has been phenomonal.

JAE's goal since its inception was to design an inexpensive,competitive,yet very simple outrigger hydro to get boaters scratch building again and to promote the hobby of RC boating.This goal has not changed at JAE.

If you have viewed the videos of the JAE/JAP boats running you would have to agree that we have accomplished that which we set out to do.The JAE boat is prime example for the definition of the "KISS" principal.The only "adjustments" on the JAE boats are the needle,the pipe and the prop.

With Zippkits release of the JAE .12 kits,the response to all the JAE boats has been incredible.When was the last time you saw a $40.00 kit that runs as good as this? :) This Zippkit has been a homerun.........

Now,to the reason for this diatribe............ :p

I have been bombarded with requests for scaled up plans for virtually every size hydro imaginable..... :)Thats a good thing,especially for the hobby of RC boating,but that is a bad thing when I have to spend a couple of hours a day answering emails and phone calls about plan releases.I welcome any and all phone calls and emails about the construction and running of the JAE boats.Any other plan release info however will be done through an announcement here on International Waters.

As you all know the .12 boat is a done deal.It has been released by Zippkits and is in production.Several of you have already received your kits and are assembling them as we speak.I know Joe Petro at Zippkits is getting them out as fast as he can and when your name comes up in the order received the kit is being shipped to you.

This last weekend we ran the prototypes of the .21 and .45 boat at the Masters in Hobart Indiana.We were very pleased with their performance.Like every other prototype endeavor however there are a couple of more things we want to try and test before we release the boat plans to all of you and to Zippkits for production.We should have a final set of .21 plans in the next 2-3 weeks.

There are [5] more prototypes currently being built for testing.They include [2] .21's...[1] .45.....a gas boat and a "twin".As of this moment it appears the .67/.80-.90 boats will be the last in the line of prototypes to be built.

The .21 and .45 boats are 95% there..... ;)

All "4" of the JAE design team are cuttin',gluin',screwin' and paintin' as fast as we can.We want to get as much of this done as possible before we get "iced" in.

We believe we have a pretty good handle on the JAE design concept but the bottom line is nothing is going out of this door before we are happy with it.... :p ....Sending me an email every 48 hours,or making a comment on IW ain't gonna make it happen any faster. <_<

I believe right now Zippkits goal is to release the .21 boat kit sometime around the holidays.I may be wrong on that but Joe at Zippkits has to make that call.All JAE is doing is providing the design of the boats and Zippkits will get the plans the same day they are released for public consumption.

I don't want anyone to think that this process is going to be a forever project.We will release plans for the scratch builder as they become tested but the testing by JAE has to be done first.The testing of these boats will not be farmed out.All testing will be done in house by JAE.

Lets all just enjoy this ride and promote the sport/hobby of model boating............ ;) .....Rod Geraghty

Last edited by a moderator:
just a thought.......... how bout a JAE .21 & .45 tunnel boat plans or kit

Ed

I am waiting for the 21 and 67 kits when they come out. I was quite impressed from the video's with them.

Rod, it was a pleasure to finally meet you at Hobart. You and your design team have created a awesome boat. Quote:"More fun then when the hogs ate my brother" :lol: Good luck and good health. Hammer B) B)

rod just want to thank you & your co-conspiritors for what you are giving us. i have heard nothing but positive comments on the jae .12.also would like to thank you personally for all the help & advise your have given me. anxiously awaiting the release of the .21 boat, ya'll may just ruin this ol' tunnel head..........good testing & good health!!

Hey Rod what size is the twin going to be? 12 - 20 - 40 etc

Back