.12 JAP boat plans now available

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CLARIFICATION TO THE DRIVELINE INSTALLATION..........

The "S" bend eluded to in the text block tells of a gentle bend.The strut end of the "S" bend can exit the bottom of the boat farther back than what is shown on the drawings making sure there is room in the ski trough to fit over the stuffing box.The bend shown on the drawings is for illustration only.Make the bend as gentle as possible.

Anneal the brass stuffing box tube by heating it red hot with a propane torch and immediately cooling it with cold water.This will make the tubing soft and easy to work.

I've still got a small pile of 3/16" carbon fiber rod so that's what I'll use.

We went to 17-3/4" on the Hammerhead .12 but this was also a design made for running in the rougher waters of Japan. Wider sponsons will give you less side-to-side rocking in rough water. You can always make up sets of booms in different widths for water conditions.

ONE,

Please send me a copy! I will see if I can screw these up as well.

I am wondering if I can enter this in the new 20 Kneeler Class we have out here in District 8, what are your thoughts? I know we can find a way to make it legal :)

TWO

Four more inches of snow on the way. Guess it's still building season Rod........
:D :D ;) we are supposed to get clobbered also.......the only good thing is the snow won't be around for long......I don't mind the spring snow so much,as long as we can get rid of the ice. ;)

Wow! just wow that is quick......
i built this boat last spring, it was running around 64mph with that setup in the video..the plans that have been posted are very very close to this boat, it is easy to build and very user friendly, enjoy!!! oh and post some pictures of the builds too..later MT

These .12 plans are the results of a joint venture between Rod Geraghty,David Hall,Ron Zaker Jr. & Martin Truex Jr.This design approch has been built,massaged and tested a great deal.....read the text block and follow the instructions.

There are [3] sheets of drawings.David Hall drew them in Autocad and we transposed them into a PDF format.

Send your e-mail address [email protected] I will forward the PDF drawings to you.......

When you get them copy them to a CD,go to Kinkos and have them printed on [3] 24" x 36" sheets scaled 1:1.

You will end up with a full set of templates...

Hint: take the template drawing and put clear shipping tape on the front and back of the templates.

Cut them out with a scissors and shazaam you will have template to trace onto a sheet of plywood.

If you have any questions call me........1-715-926-6096

Rod Geraghty
hi,,may i have a set of plans please to [email protected] thank you,,gary

Latest posts

Back