ZOOM CARB

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwilfong

Here is my newest creation and my new 80 Zoom carb feels right at home. :wub:

67 with a 80 P/L going in my 39" Cal- Craft old 666.

Gust want to see how fast it can go. :D

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Look Good Job! did you build custom adaptor mount onto disc housing ;) how is your run?? will be rooster rocket :lol:

Look Good Job! did you build custom adaptor mount onto disc housing ;) how is your run??

Just got done putting it together. will break it in next weekend. yes I made the carb adapter and flowed the case and back plate. every thing is new in this eng.

It will pull some RRRRRRRS

Evo .77! I built several of them. Had a pair in a Twin Eagle. It will be a great combination. It will make the most power with a CMB "Fatbelly" pipe (another AB original design). The original carb/backplate combo works great with a rectangular barrel .440" X .530". Set up dozens of them that way. Just finishing up a set of those engines (.67) for a Scale boater right now.

It would be a good idea to lap the wrist pin to the rod. There is no bushing, and sometimes they would gall up in the early break in runs.

Evo .77! I built several of them. Had a pair in a Twin Eagle. It will be a great combination. It will make the most power with a CMB "Fatbelly" pipe (another AB original design). The original carb/backplate combo works great with a rectangular barrel .440" X .530". Set up dozens of them that way. Just finishing up a set of those engines (.67) for a Scale boater right now.

It would be a good idea to lap the wrist pin to the rod. There is no bushing, and sometimes they would gall up in the early break in runs.

I did have to spend some time on the wrist pin fit it seamed a little sticky in the piston and rod. My buddy worked for

Xerox and gave me some polishing paper that he used on the shafts to fit them in bearings. great stuff!

I am using a 45 header to get the ex velocity up. Opened up the big end of the pipe so it will slid over the header.

Will get the fat belly when I get the ex cash.

The 67 eng I did for Julian had the square bore carb mod and it ran great.

I did have to spend some time on the wrist pin fit it seamed a little sticky in the piston and rod. My buddy worked for

Xerox and gave me some polishing paper that he used on the shafts to fit them in bearings. great stuff!

I am using a 45 header to get the ex velocity up. Opened up the big end of the pipe so it will slid over the header.

The" fatbelly" is on its way and a special prop from mark. Hooking the sensors up for the Eagletree this weekend for a test run.

Going to rig up a glow drive also.

Next weekend we will see what it dose.The logger will tell the story.

All hooked up and ready to go. temp RPM GPS all on line. Glow driver set up ready and a new "fatbelly".

Will see how this break in prop from Mark goes. ;)

Even my ***** likes it.

The" fatbelly" is on its way and a special prop from mark. Hooking the sensors up for the Eagletree this weekend for a test run.

Post some samples from the logger!

I will if I can figure it out. :blink:

I run the logger on my notebook but don't have excel on it. will have to link up a network with my desk top thew the wireless and transfer the files.

will try it next week after the runs this weekend.

I run the logger on my notebook but don't have excel on it. will have to link up a network with my desk top thew the wireless and transfer the files.

Shouldn't need excel from what I've seen, did you install the Eagle Tree s/w?

Shouldn't need excel from what I've seen, did you install the Eagle Tree s/w?

yes but i think you need to import it into excel to put in a graft. I just play back the file to see what I did on the run. will see if I can post a freeze frame of the screen and post it.

Have not used it in about a year so a little rusty with the program.

well here is a test with my 45RS in the same boat.
There ya go, you can go in and set main and max values for the x axis (time) and it'll give you a better look at a smaller part of it. :)

got it now just had to read the instructions better :rolleyes: only had it for 2 years :lol:

sent it to my self as a email to get it on my desk top.

The set up with this prop should be good for 82mph will see if I figure right. will be a good test to see if it will handle the speed before I go for the push.

should make a great heat racing set up. :eek:

Well the first run went good. Got to the lake and the GPS would not come on line O well. The tack worked good and temp.

Don't know how much prop it will pull. Blew thew every ting I had. keeped the RPM to 24000 for this test with a long pipe 11" on the fatbelly.

thew my Sholund V cut 1667 4"-6"-7" progression pitch prop for my 90 rigger on and pulled 24000 till the shaft locked up in the strut bushing.

Have to remember to grease the shaft. :rolleyes:

this is tight in heat race trim with no loading in the corners.

Should make for a interesting X mono race at Melbourne. :huh:

this set up has lots of power. can't wait to stretch the limits.

Boris meter was at 27 and no gurgle at RPM.

David

Latest posts

Back