zippkits flywheel and collet help newbie?????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike burt

ordered zippkits flywheel and collet 1/4-28.I am putting on os.12tz sg shaft.Not sure how this is going to go on?do i put flywheel on and put nut on then cut shaft and slide collet on.Cant tell but looks like collet has no threads and has set screw.the shaft would have to be cut because it would stick in collet to far causing you not to be able to insert prop cable.New to all this so please be patient.thanks

follow the little instructions that came with it, on the inside of the flap. Basically you cut off the shaft portion of the crank, leaving the threads. Put on the brass piece, then the flywheel, and attach the collet.

Mike,

It sounds like we sent the wrong collet? It should be threaded inside, no set screws on that collet.

If yours is not threaded, send us an email or call us on the toll free line (866) 922-ZIPP and we will send a replacement ASAP.

Joe

Mike,

It sounds like we sent the wrong collet? It should be threaded inside, no set screws on that collet.

If yours is not threaded, send us an email or call us on the toll free line (866) 922-ZIPP and we will send a replacement ASAP.

Joe
thanks guys i havent recieved items yet.maybe you cant see threads in picture.I didnt understand how all this went on.I have much better idea now thanks alot.Should be here tommorrow.

Latest posts

Back