youngblood questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardB

Were the 40" youngbloods ever built with kevlar or carbon fiber ?

Were the boats ever offered in a larger design. approz 45 "

Thank you

Richard, I ran some of Jim's boats back in the late 1980's - early 1990's and I do remember that he did make a few carbon hulls in different sizes for a few people ( MORE BUCKS ) but I don't recall any of his monos being longer than the 40 inch long boat. I had a 40 inch boat with a Picco .80 that was VERY fast until it decided to act like a submarine usually when it was at the front of the pack..............

Dick Tyndall

Around same time frame I had a RED Carbon Fiber 45" boat with a CMB GP90. Last time I saw Jim Youngblood was in Gainesville at Mr. Ingrao's race. He was running a WHITE Carbon Fiber 45" boat with a CMB GP90.

Around same time frame I had a RED Carbon Fiber 45" boat with a CMB GP90. Last time I saw Jim Youngblood was in Gainesville at Mr. Ingrao's race. He was running a WHITE Carbon Fiber 45" boat with a CMB GP90.
I thought so.. I just sold one on ebay for 56.00 I really thought it would hit its reserve of 75.00 but did not.. so I sold it ot the high bidder. I was really light 40" nice lay up. And total black cloth inside.

I was wondering how come the boat was so light.

Hey Rich....I just set up a 38 in carbon fiber Youngblood with a CMB67. Still trying to find the right prop. Usually run hydros but someone gave me the hull. Jim

I'm getting ready to set up a 45" Youngblood with a SIIK gas engine for the Super Sport Mono class. I 'm going to set the motor as low as possible to keep the CG as low as possible since the sides on a youngblood are shallow. We'll see how it works out also going to use the hull and engine as a test platform for speed ideas for the gas classes.

Back