Youngblood Hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I may have found my answer! I recently bought a used hydro (see attached) and was having problems identifying it....based on this thread, I'm thinking it is a youngblood....anybody else have some thoughts?

Also, I'm new to the picco .67 in it....any thoughts on nitro % for a beast like this?

ThanksView attachment 49129View attachment 49130
jesse I believe your boat it a coyote Daytona hull. please correct me if i'm wrong.
Looks right to me....thanks for the info sir!!! Any thoughts on nitro for a .67 Picco that is stuffed down in it? Or a good place to look for guidance on that?

picco motor's joe warren that I know of, . he is on here also I run 40% nitro in my cmb 67's, but you can run anything from 10% to 60% plus run what you can get in your area.. post a better picture of the motor so other;s can chime in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jeff!!! I'll see what others can suggest too! Attached is a photo. I had to pop the head and measure it to determine the size (.67) as there were no other ID marks on it.

photo-2-1.JPG

The piston diameter is the same on a 67/80 picco. The difference is the stroke. If the motor is stock there's no need to run more then 35%. Set the head clearance at .010" and run 30 to 35%. If you run higher nitro raise the head clearance but there is no reason to run higher unless the motor is modded. How good of shape is the motor in.

Jesse this is an EXR Picco and depending on the production year take care with a possible crankpin failure even running low nitro .The 80 series usually had the number 80 stamped on the motor mount.Gill

Guys....thanks so much!!! As far as condition of the motor, I have no idea. I bought it at a hobby shop and the owner did not have much info on it. I popped the head again....stroke is .86". There is a .010 shim on top of the sleeve already. Is there anything else that I should be looking at to determine if stock or modded? I have no idea when it comes to this stuff, sorry. Ran tunnels years ago and always just ran the motor that was hanging off of it...lol!

To check the head clearance you need to check to difference between the piston at TDC and the depth of the head button. I will check the stroke of a 67 tomorrow. Either way its a good motor.

Hopefully last follow-up on this....when it comes to the .67 exr picco....what glow plugs are recommended? thoughts....

Back