X mono hulls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Ashcroft

I am getting back into my boating and I want a x monohull I have run he seaducers before and want to try something different,,,I was thinking of a areomarine vector they look to handle or a Aussie sidewinder ..what you fellas reckon..

David

I just hear that Jerry Crowther has new SD4 45" mono ( Better improve than old SD3 44" ) It is very great stable Contact him

Last edited by a moderator:
The Y6 from RC Boatworks or the Insane Gen III would make good X mono as well. Either boat is very fast and stable.

David Why not you install twin engines on X mono Fun !!!!
default_tongue.png

I would second a CalCraft from Lenny Blake if you want something other than a Seaducer. I have faced against Lenny in district and national events with my Seaducer and have always been impressed with the stability and consisentecncy of his X-mono.

Wayne,

Being the designer of the Twin Craft hulls I can see you have popped a mold off the 46 inch boat. I like the more rounded top deck design you came up with. A lot easier to get out of the mold.

The boat does not work well for gasoline power, but if you widen the stance at mid way up the hull to support the extra weight of the gas motor the boat will work better in the cornering. The fast rising chine line works well to make the boat quicker through the turns for nitro but the hull can rock up on the inner side while turning with a heavier gasoline motor with a larger prop.

John

John I purchased a lot of stuff and the main content of if that I wanted was molds for the twin hydro and the boat itself , the mono molds were part of it along with a genuine twincraft to which was battle scared , the lines of them would make a nice river jet boat with some rework ,I was'nt real enthused by mono,s but since I have the molds I would have a go at monos lol, always loved hydro's

John, the 46 Twincraft was copied by a couple of people no longer in the hobby, not Wayne. The different deck version changed the way the boat handled in the straights, much less likely to blow over at speed but a bit more likely to dunk!

Back