WTB Radar Speed Gun

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jorgen,

The Stalker Pro works very well on almost anything that moves. :D

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund

I personally like the Stalker Pro. It is nice unit,and you can find some good deals on Ebay when they are listed!

Also used the Garmin Gecko hand gps which is real small and very accurate. Can mount right to the radio box or wherever. Just another option,and like the Stalker gun,you could find some good deals on Ebay!! :D

Mike

Jorgen Andersson said:
What Speed Gun do suggest to get that work really well with riggers?
Thanks

Jorgen

106600[/snapback]

I've owned the Stalker SOLO, for a few years, excellent gun.

nitrocrazed said:
What about the Stalker Sports? It is a good bit cheaper than the Pro, any feedback on that model?
Ian.

106623[/snapback]

I have a Stalker sport and it works very well.

I have used it side by side with a Pro and they both had the same readings.

It is a very consistant and accurate gun for a lot less money.

Tim K

Has anyone tried the Bushnell radar gun? I know they are only about 100 bucks, just wondered if they are any good.

Thanks, David

My first radar set was a Bushnell Speedster……Don’t waste your time if you have the money. It’ll pick up Big gas boats pretty well, but the only time it read a 20 boat was if someone put themselves at a narrow angle from it, at relatively close range. (Not cool)

Stalker is the only way to go IMHO

Stalker has worked well for years. Only one suggestion. Get a six cell car battery pack and toss the stock one. The original will eventually go bad and a $20 car pack lasts much longer.

And like Kevin said, being in the line of a boat to have to read speed is not cool. Anybody who has looked can see that any angle up to about 30 degrees will read just fine. (within 2-3 mph)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say, for the money, hands down the decatur radar gun. they are cordless. run on black and decker rechargable batteries and are nice and light.. you can use it on a tri pod or hold in your hand. and comes in a nice choice of colors.. and they are cheaper than the stalker

if you are interested contact Phil Thomas, he is on the message board..

chris

I've got a decatur. has been a good gun, seems to hold calibration well, and I like it's performance. it picks up even my .12 rigger at safe distance. fwiw

Last edited by a moderator:
Back