• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB or trade(found one thanks)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

aakaak

I am looking for an OS .65 VR-M abc engine to match the one I have. I would prefer one with the drum type intake but will take what I can get. I would also be open to trade this one for two others of equal size or power output and not nessessarily OS.

Also I am looking for two jet drives either the Graupner power jet or some thing close to it that will accept up to .90 glow engines or more.

Included pic of full scale boat I am making the model of.

View attachment 1557

Last edited:
Several years ago I saw the jet drives you mentioned at a swap meet, and don't believe they will stand up for very long with a glow engine, especially a 90. They might work with a 21, but from what I have seen, they were designed for electric. They are only plastic with bushings, and have a plastic impeller. Make sure you study up on them before you get them. For a 90 sized pump I would expect at least pot metal with some type of ball bearings to give some fair life to the seals.

Just my observations, John in Huntsville

Wow, that link you sent has a serious pump!!! I had no idea that anyone was making that type of quality for R/C!!! Even the $169 one from H-L is new to me, guess I need to check what they carry more often. All I ever saw was the plastics. Thanks for sending me the info, it was quite interesting. Also sent you an Email. Later, John in Huntsville

Some other units for you

MHZ

look under products/drives. They have a US distributor now as well.

Ian

HEy thanks for the offer but I already have a .61. but it is going away and I really want another .65. I know its only 2 tenths hp difference BUT?!?!?!

Again thank you

I have a OS .65 VR-M abc engine that I will let go. This motor has very good compression and also I just put new bearing in it, this motor is one that I was going to put in a 1/8 scale hydroplane. Price $245.00 plus shipping or give me an offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi aakaak ,

great to see you in I'waters community. You got email.

Talk to you later.............Werner

HI Werner.

Hey Folks I found the engine I was looking for. Thanks Don if your around here. I want to thank every body who helped out and really appreciate it very much.

This is why I like the RC hobby most every body tries to help each other out.

Thanks again every one.

Joe

OH yeah just in case you are wondering where I got aakaak, watch mars attacks :D

Back