• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB O/B crankshaft

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for pointing Patrick in my direction Robin but if he only needs a crank he should just go direct to World Champion Products as per the link provided by Rene. The TP crank is a nice piece of work

Regards,

James

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for pointing Patrick in my direction Robin but if he only needs a crank he should just go direct to World Champion Products as per the link provided by Rene. The TP crank is a nice piece of work

Regards,

James
Not to hijack this thread, but what is the stroke of that crank and does it fit a standard 14mm Nova Rossi engine?

Thanks,

-Mitch

Thanks all buddies! I'm not sure if TP is directly fit into GO although the crankshaft diameter & stroke is same and

also the cost of TP crank is higher than my budget. If someone has original GO o/b crank is much perfect.

Patrick

Thanks all buddies! I'm not sure if TP is directly fit into GO although the crankshaft diameter & stroke is same and

also the cost of TP crank is higher than my budget. If someone has original GO o/b crank is much perfect.

Patrick
Hi Patrick,

Unfortunately there was never a factory GO outboard crankshaft. Any GO outboards have been converted from inboards using either Tecnopower or 'Lights' conversions. Is your engine already in outboard configuration with a PTO?

Cheers,

Dave

Regards,

James
Not to hijack this thread, but what is the stroke of that crank and does it fit a standard 14mm Nova Rossi engine?
Thanks,

-Mitch
Mitch,The TP crank and the GO crank are both 14mm diameter and 16.8mm stroke which is also the same as the 5 & 7 Port & 35 Plus Novarossi engines (not the Keep .21).

Regards,

James

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi David, my engine now under in inboard condition so i need a o/b crankshaft plus PTO assembly. I heard 'Lights' conversion o/b crankshaft for GO engine but i can't find anymore at this time.

Hi James, provided TP crank & PTO assembly can fit into GO 7P marine but the value may higher than my whole GO engine

Does that pto work in the Go and Nova case?
Kevin,

If you referring to the PTO shown on the World Champion Products Website, I would advise you to first measure the ID of your crankcase.

The current version of Novarossi engines known as Top, that have a 14mm crank (excluding the Keep range), have a crankcase with an ID of 26mm.

The current model GO crankcase has an ID of 25.6mm.

I believe the PTO shown on the World Champion Products site has an OD of 25.55mm.

Regards,

James

Hi David, my engine now under in inboard condition so i need a o/b crankshaft plus PTO assembly. I heard 'Lights' conversion o/b crankshaft for GO engine but i can't find anymore at this time.

Hi James, provided TP crank & PTO assembly can fit into GO 7P marine but the value may higher than my whole GO engine
Patrick,

It has always been "expensive" to convert Novarossi or GO inboard engines to outboard.

Back in 2011 when Mark Leyde (a.k.a. Lights) built conversion kits for the Nova and GO engines the price was $250USD for the Crank, PTO and Flywheel. We were all appreciative of the efforts from Mark because at the time there was no other option.

Unless you can find someone who wants to let go of one these conversion kits, the only other option for a 14mm diameter outboard crank is the TP crank.

The TP crank fits the current model of GO crankcase very well and gives good induction timing. The PTO requires a little bit of work i.e. elongating the screw holes to fit the pattern on the current GO crankcase and the fit in the case is a bit loose compared to the fit of the Go inboard backplate.

Let me know if you need any other information?

Regards,

James

Back