WTB half round hard wood sticks

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark couty

Looking for half round hard wood sticks in 3/4, 1/2, 1/4. I looked at the wood suppliers in the forums but couldn't find these. Tried Home depot and others. Any one have a source for this ? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can make you own fixture to hold the dowels. I use a 3/4" pine block with the dowel size drilled through the middle. Screw this to a piece of ply that hangs over the edges of the table. Use clamps to hold it in place. I take the fixture and run the band sawblade into it partially. Push the dowels through and pull them out the other side. I also makde a fixture to cut square into triangle.

Mike

Mike

What keep the dowel from rotating when you pull it through? (making the part scewed)

Thanks

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that is up to your little fingers. If you do a good job of feeding it should be pretty close. The wood will flex a bit if it is off. The gig elimantes having to worry about keeping it on line. Just do not rotate as you feed. The square does not have this problem.

Mike

PS It is not that hard. :D

Yea.. I suspected that might be the case.. just did not know if you had a trick to it or not.

And.. ya know i dont see straight right? lol

Thanks man

Grim

When I need half round bull nose for a furniture project, I cut them from flat stock with a router and a round over bit. Then use a bandsaw to cut them from the flat stock.

DonB

Mike, what you can do to make your jig able to keep the half round straight is to make it a little longer and install a guide for the dowels with a thin piece of metal through the middle. This would prevent spinning so all you would have to do is push/pull feed the dowel as needed

I need to let you know about this theory thats been going around. KISS. :p Sometimes over thinking the problem just makes it worse. :blink: I built my jig in 2 seconds flat. I have no problem with holding a piece straight. Thats what thumbs are for. ;)

Mike

Back