• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Wtb compact third channel needle vavle

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxyflash

I have a Stu Barr needle new it’s too big for the 21 rigger I’m building didn’t want to cut a hole in tub to stick out.I like the Dons needle base but not sure where to get the needle part.Would like to buy a complete setup.

Have you seen the recent Speedmaster Remote Needle Valve? It’s posted under Misc. on the website. Very Nice design that uses fully adjustable angles at fuel inlet/outlet fittings, & perhaps the needle valve mounting location (I believe?) meant to use an OS Inflight/Remote Needle Valve. Set-up allows for numerous configurations & mounting options. Just a thought?
Brian Neumann
1688786836194.png

Have you seen the recent Speedmaster Remote Needle Valve? It’s posted under Misc. on the website. Very Nice design that uses fully adjustable angles at fuel inlet/outlet fittings, & perhaps the needle valve mounting location (I believe?) meant to use an OS Inflight/Remote Needle Valve. Set-up allows for numerous configurations & mounting options. Just a thought?
Brian Neumann
View attachment 317916
Unfortunately finding the needle valve that goes in it is tuff.
They have been discontinued by OS

I've used the Perry 3rd. channel needle in my 21s for years. absolutely the smallest 3rd. channel needle out there.

Hope this helps!
Steve Ball
Thank You for this great information rctinman, I sent a email to them to see if the Perry 3rd channel needle is still available. They do show it on the Perry Pumps Website.

Brian Neumann
View attachment 317916

That's a Speedmaster base with OS In-Flight Valve....
Just talked to Harry and he hasn't released their NEW in-house Needle setup yet.
I have a Stu Barr needle new it’s too big for the 21 rigger I’m building didn’t want to cut a hole in tub to stick out.I like the Dons needle base but not sure where to get the needle part.Would like to buy a complete setup.

Gary from Perry Carbs just returned my call....yes, they're still in business, and yes, he still offers the Perry 3rd channel valve.

It sounds like it's a barrel valve style variable adjustment, but the initial metering is manually adjustable via a brass thumb wheel, like the Perry Carbs.

He wasn't sure how big of an engine displacement they could feed high nitro percentages to, saying the barb fittings had an ID of .060"....that could be remedied quite easily, though.

He's a one man show and said he often overlooks emails and voicemails on the website contact info.
So, if anyone's interested, message me, and we'll give you his personal cell#.

I use the perry as well. Still run one in my sp20 and sp40. Tight on space. I even talked to Gary to get some needles and have a go at fixing some bad orings in one I had. He said you will probably have a hard time getting it together. I said send them along so I could try. He was right. Pain in the arse. So dont take them apart. You might not get them back together. He has a special tool he uses to put them together. I found there were very sensitive. I would make my servo arm as short as it could go. I would drill a hole almost up against the horn hub. Cut off the bottom of a sullivan cleaves and push the pin in. Held in place with the capture clip that comes with sullivan cleaves.
Mike

Back