• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

94' Smokin Joes 1/8 Scale, Fuel, Needle Bases

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveyK

Okay, up for sale is the 94 Smokin Joes which was originally built by Don Ferrette. I purchased the boat two years ago from Mike Allen and have run it since then. It runs well and is in good shape. I did repair some paint stress cracks and had the touch ups done and then re cleared. Just recently a repair was done to the back of the turn fin sponson I had hit a cowl and ripped the screws out of the sponson. There was only wood for backing and over time, the wood had become spongy. Repair was done by cutting access into back of sponson and inserting a 1/4" x 3" x 3" piece of aluminum with structual adhesive. I then used structural epoxy and some carbon fibre to finish it off. The paint was touched up but is not perfect at this point. The boat comes with speedmaster hardware, custom turn fin, shaft, battery pack, all servo's, Ferrette third channel mixture. All you need is your Rx, motor, pipe, prop. Asking $1100.00 plus shipping

and 3% for Paypal (if used).BOAT IS SOLD!!!!

These pictures are of Don's build of this boat.

Ferrette needle bases - $20/each. There are two for 45 size motors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, up for sale is the 94 Smokin Joes which was originally built by Don Ferrette. I purchased the boat two years ago from Mike Allen and have run it since then. It runs well and is in good shape. I did repair some paint stress cracks and had the touch ups done and then re cleared. Just recently a repair was done to the back of the turn fin sponson I had hit a cowl and ripped the screws out of the sponson. There was only wood for backing and over time, the wood had become spongy. Repair was done by cutting access into back of sponson and inserting a 1/4" x 3" x 3" piece of aluminum with structual adhesive. I then used structural epoxy and some carbon fibre to finish it off. The paint was touched up but is not perfectat this point. The boat comes with speedmaster hardware, custom turn fin, shaft, battery pack, all servo's, Ferrette third channel mixture. All you need is your Rx, motor, pipe, prop. Asking $1100.00 plus shipping

and 3% for Paypal (if used).

These pictures are of Don's build of this boat.

I also have some Red Max Nitro for sale and will clear it out at $30/gallon for 60% and $25 for 50%. Ferrette needle bases - $25/each. There are three available. Two are for 67 size and one is for 45.

I will be at the Internats on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday

I'm interested; shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] or message me here at toadstoys5

I love that scale trailer! Is it functional? Good luck on your sale also!
Here is the link to the build gallery of that boat-https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=77

The trailer did not go with it when it got sold to Mike Allen. The trailer did go with the '96 S/J when I sold it-

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=770

For either gallery be sure to click the plus "+" sign next to the word title in the gallery header bar to put the pics in proper build sequence. B)

Ferrette needle bases - $25/each. There are three available. Two are for 67 size and one is for 45.

What would be the difference in a 45 and 67 base? I wound like to get oneof the base. Do these have the needle in them?

Phil,

The orifice the needle slides into is bigger on the 67 than it is on 45. I only have a 45 left and it is just the base, no needle.

Dave

Back