wtb 1/8 1979 miss circus circus wing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie anderson

looking for a 1/8 rear wing for a miss circus circus ( reno las - vegas )

please let me know what you have or where to get one.

thanks jamie

looking for a 1/8 rear wing for a miss circus circus ( reno las - vegas )please let me know what you have or where to get one.

thanks jamie
I probally have the wing you need

Find the horizontal size and a picture. There are two different style wing.

I have two size horizontal and the Jones and Lucero style verticals.

$50 assmbled with foam core.

PHIL THOMAS

Phil, if I remember right, the 79 Circus had the cathedral wing and the forward swept verticals, sort of like the tail on a Mooney Aircraft, so the Jones and Lucero verticals won't work

just went and looked on Roger's site and what I thought is correct. Here is a link to the plan

http://newtonmarine.com/126_plans.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, i was starting to lose hope of finding one. I couldn't find a cathedral one in Australia.

If I can't find a complete wing set, I will contact you Phil and buy just the cathedral wing if you will

sell it to me (probably buy two, as I know how much punishment they take.)

Thanks again cannot wait to finally get the boat wet.

:D Gaday Jamie B)

Mate i was over at Peters today

mate the boat looks good with the new paint !!!

have to see now if she will go as good as she looks mate

see ya at the pond next weekend

Brad

Thanks guys, i was starting to lose hope of finding one. I couldn't find a cathedral one in Australia.If I can't find a complete wing set, I will contact you Phil and buy just the cathedral wing if you will

sell it to me (probably buy two, as I know how much punishment they take.)

Thanks again cannot wait to finally get the boat wet.
OK But you probally will have to cut up the wing to match your plans, that was a one of a kind setup.

You could use some 3/8ths balsa and use spruce stick for the leading and trailing edges sand to shape and cover with some 2oz cloth.. They will be light and strong.

Actually Phil, it was a two of a kind set up. Both the 79 Circus and the 79 Squire Shop had the cathedral wing on them, but for 81 at least the Squire went back to the rearward sloped tails and flat wing. The Circus was sponsored by the Air Force and Squire Shop both in 81, so it's possible the wing and tails were changed that year. They were changed prior to the 85 season, since there is a picture of the boat wearing a Dominoes Pizza paint scheme with the conventional tails and wing on Roger Newton's plan site

Last edited by a moderator:
yes mike, they are under some 2 pac clear ( top decals aa++)

wanted to find a wing before i posted pics, not looking good...

didn't think it would be that hard to find??

is the 79 squire shop cathedral wing the same?

thanks for the input people ( there has to be one out there somewhere)

yes mike, they are under some 2 pac clear ( top decals aa++)wanted to find a wing before i posted pics, not looking good...

didn't think it would be that hard to find??

is the 79 squire shop cathedral wing the same?

thanks for the input people ( there has to be one out there somewhere)

Hey Jamie

I rang Glenn Watkins (Wacky) last night, He has plans for it and said he would make it for you if you cant find one ready to go.

We have to make sure it is ready for the Gold Cup in Feb, http://ampba.asn.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1023 Brett wants to hold MY GOLD CUP. :p

Thanks scalehydros,

That would be much appreciated if i carn't find one.

we will have to met one day and do a bit of boating you leave very close to me.

I will hold the Gold Cup next year with the new boat coming to the musuem :D :D :D :D

Can't wait to see the paint job peter has done for you jamie. Will it be a late minute entry for the Hunter valley champs?

Regards,

Bucky

Hi brett

without a wing you blokes won't let me race it :p that's why your hidding all the wings :lol:

Also it would look a little silly with oars ( no motor yet ).

GADAY ALL

HAY JAMIE

Mate no motors needed mate how meny of our 1/8th have been finishin of late? :( ?

but dont worry ive found what my problem was so i should be on the pace for the worlds :D or bring out the Twin Wing to race :eek: :eek:

Back