Woodstuff Sponson Symmetry

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will agree with Grimracer, and Dick Loeb. After using the OS lower for some time now, if I am doing a 3.5 installation, its going to be an OS. Now, I use a custom made stand off, and buy the fullers or hyperformance collet, BUT I now use Kris Flynn's flex cable. He makes me a cable that is OS length, one end has an OS square, and the other has a K&B size square so it fits properly in the collet. Hope that helps, Mike L.

I will say this tho, The woodstuff hulls are really built around one particular lower unit, and I try to stick to what Mike Crawford did his testing with!

Thanks Dick and Mike! I have made my decision to stay with the OS unit. I have already ordered Kris's adapter kit and extra flex's... :) .....man, alot has changed since I ran the K&B's (kaboom's) back in the mid 90's... :blink: :eek: :lol: ...now after a year and a half running FE's, there is alot left for me to learn. ;) Thanks again guys for all of the info.

Sorry for the thread hijacking Mike. :unsure: ...and now back to Mike's sponson problem... ;)

Problem is fixed Kent. It only took the use of a pry bar and belt sander with some 80 grit. :p

I don't mind anyone hijacking my threads unless it's to bust chops.

There are too many Mikes in this hobby. We need a nickname for Mike L. I'll have Dick pick one out next weekend.

"Chilli" Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! A pry bar and 80 grit, huh?! :lol: Don't be mean to that sweet little tunnel now!! LOL! :p

Back