Woodstuff Racing tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

I like this hull but dont know much about it, maybe Charley and anyone else that runs one can fill us in a bit:

woodstuff1.jpg

Found this pic of one surfin around other sites.

Gene ;D

Gene,

Mike Crawford, Racine, WI, makes the Woodstuff boats. I met Mike five years ago at the Spangler and then again at the 2000 IMPBA Internats. A couple of years back he came out my way to visit his sister in Seattle and we linked up again. A real gentleman.

He's a very fine craftsman and the hulls are WOF constructed. He uses all kinds of fixtures to hold the parts in place during constuction. He's probably built more WOF hulls then me and they are beautifully done.

JD

Gene,

Ditto to Jerry's remarks.. Mike Crawford is a great guy. Used to race real tunnels and won some outrageous number of championships and held numerous records. So he knows racing.

Mike builds a stock and mod WOF.. I have a mod WOF that is 32" long. The boats are built on a jig and are straight as can be. Very clean and fairly light as well.

Setup was very simple.. Prop 1/8" above the sponsons and a slight negative angle and away it went.. As I said in an earlier post, if I could figure out how to run an engine I would race consistently..

As the boat is so big, I have practiced in some pretty choppy water without any problem. It does not get tripped up on other boats wakes nor does it blowover too often.

Whatever else I can tell you, just ask..

Charley

Thanks Guy's

Sounds like another great choice to cure the Cabin Fever, Hard Water, time most of us have right now.

Gene ;D

Hi Gene.

Sorry I'm a little late. I have one of Mike's ''WOOD-STUFF'' tunnels that I ran last year in IMPBA District 1. Out of 23 boats in the district I took the High Point Championship using a completly stock OS Max. and 50% nitro. GREAT boat. I'm getting another one this summer from Mike. His boats are very well built and handle like a dream.

Thanks ............................. Randy

Gene,

Mike built the pink boat in the picture for me. I have since traded it away to another member of my club. I will echo the statments of others on this thread, mike does outstanding work. He has a "stock" 20 boat, a "mod" 20 boat, a 40 size and even a cool looking 60 size. I live in the same city as Mike and can relay messages to him since he is not on the net. If you have any specific questions, email them to me, or email me your phone number, and i'll pass it on to him.

Thanks for your interest in his boats, he'll be geeked to read this...

Garrett Randall

Back