Wood Whiplash Sport 40 Gen 2 Build Infomation

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am finished with the skeleton I need a set of speedmaster motor mounts, rudder, strut, who carries these items to date? I have a turn fin just need the remainder hardware any help would be great.

Thanks Beau Parsons
brian blazer at blazer marine should have it all seeing as tho it is his hull. also has setup instructions if you dont have them . follow brians advise and you will have a great running hull. he tests them all before selling his kits

dan

The decking and end pieces for the tunnel are in place. I would recommend putting the deck on in stages. Just glue the straigth area and let it dry and then glue the canoe/sponson part of the decking. I coated the undersurface of the area being glued. Then I mixed some micro ballons in the MASS and place on the ribs. It will puddle up and stay on the ribs and then clamp etc. Doing this methodlolgy took 4 days, 2 days each side, but it turned out perfect. No gaps to fill and incredibly solid.

One more coat of sealing, sanding then painting process. I plan to clear the entire boat first and then paint. BTW the newest thing for me with sealing was using Z POXY and thinning it by 1/2 with denatured ETOH and it worked great. Very smooth and vary little weight.

Which motor mount is the best to use? and which strut, flat bottom, or rounded? Would the rudder be better suited to mount on the right opposed to the left?

BEau

Hey Beau don't kno where you are withthe build but to make more room in the radio box I moved the rudder servo to the back. Built a radio box just for rudder servo.Bought extention leads for servo and ran them thru a fiberglass tub up to front radio box and into receiver. Helped alot with room. My biggest problem was sealing the box as the lid is small and the perimeter did not have a large area for taping wound up using silicone but always had a small amount of water in there.Jerry

Hey Beau don't kno where you are withthe build but to make more room in the radio box I moved the rudder servo to the back. Built a radio box just for rudder servo.Bought extention leads for servo and ran them thru a fiberglass tub up to front radio box and into receiver. Helped alot with room. My biggest problem was sealing the box as the lid is small and the perimeter did not have a large area for taping wound up using silicone but always had a small amount of water in there.Jerry
Jerry

I am getting the hardware mounted, and looking at radio box placement. Slow process lot of logical thinking to make it all fit super tight tolerances.

Thanks Beau

Look at my set up and it works. All in the front. rudder I think needs to be on the Lt. rudder servo needs to be laid down on its side and mounted to the bottom. Two micros standing up Life flat pack stands uo against the Lt side, 850ma. Recieve is under the push rod of the rudder. Switch turned side ways and comes out on the Rt. Itis as far forward as possible.

Everyone,

Can everyone tell me what exactly to buy from speedmaster, I need a motor mount, strut, rudder. Can some one give me the specific model numbers so I can order these. Any help would be great.

Thanks Beau

Blazer Marine sells all the hardware you need. They stock Speed Master Hardware.

www.blazermarine.com

I ordered some hardware from them and there pretty quick on service.

I just ordered some hardware items from Brian, had it in 2 days, he has everything you need for that boat!, except an engine, pipe, and radio systems!! www.blazermarine.com just click on hardware link in top left corner

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back