Wood T boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha, Phil dont count hours, he just builds. hehe, I think I need to visit and check out the back room and see just whats going on in his basement. Ken

Ha, Phil dont count hours, he just builds. hehe, I think I need to visit and check out the back room and see just whats going on in his basement. Ken
I dont pay myself for building new boats so no hours kept track of, that would be too much like real work.

Kenny come up and check out my stuff soon.

I dont pay myself for building new boats so no hours kept track of, that would be too much like real work.

ah Phill dont be a party pooper.. just want to get some idea's on the build time. So joe knows whats he's in for.

How long Joe takes to build a boat will be different than what Phil or I will take to build the same boat. Knowing a few of the little tricks of the trade will make a difference that can amount to anywhere from a few minutes to several hours of build time.

ah Phill dont be a party pooper.. just want to get some idea's on the build time. So joe knows whats he's in for.
About 40 hours of time (4hrs a day x 10 days) should get it done for a Zipp kit, framed up ready to paint.

Lot of time should be spent aligning frames on the bottom sheet, tacking with ca then use epoxy on all joints and sealing wood before top decks go on.

About 10 hours rigging hardware and motor pipe setup depending on how much is done prior to paint.

About 40 hours of time (4hrs a day x 10 days) should get it done for a Zipp kit, framed up ready to paint.

Lot of time should be spent aligning frames on the bottom sheet, tacking with ca then use epoxy on all joints and sealing wood before top decks go on.

About 10 hours rigging hardware and motor pipe setup depending on how much is done prior to paint.
Thanks Phill thats what I wanted to know. Zip doesnt show the smaller drop sponsons kit on there new website. I bet they quit making it. Just in case joe talk to one friends that has that kit and willing to sell it to joe,since he's got to many projects in the fire.

Thanks Phill thats what I wanted to know. Zip doesnt show the smaller drop sponsons kit on there new website. I bet they quit making it. Just in case joe talk to one friends that has that kit and willing to sell it to joe,since he's got to many projects in the fire.
Thats the Rockett kit with drop sponson. Yea I saw that was missing too.

I hope the new boat is built that way too.

Well I'll let you know when Joe gets back from the Toleto show. If that Hydro is big as they say? Joe thinks it could be 1/4-1/2 heavyer and Joe doesnt like that. Unless they made the boat with lighter/thinner wood to compercate the weight factor. Joe is all revedup for the show. But I cant go,I have to work that day for 11-6. :(

phill ,Joe looked at the new bullit! its dam nice T boat with alot of room inside of it with built in radio box. Its only 1 1/2 longer and 1 1/4 wider,plus it 2 pounds lighter then the rivet!! Now joe and Dan Kramer mouth was watering and wants one big time.!!They cleaned out the clutter ,like some fame work out of it,thats way it has alot of work room inside of it.. Joe told joe it wont be until two or less month until it comes out. Joe wants to be close to first inline for one. Dan Kramer said to joe you'll have that T boat built in a week.! :D Want to have it ready for the gas NATS in Celina this year!. B) Joe shouldve gotton pics of that bullit and the insides of it.

HJ, in your case, you forgot several years!!!!!!!!!! :D

How long Joe takes to build a boat will be different than what Phil or I will take to build the same boat. Knowing a few of the little tricks of the trade will make a difference that can amount to anywhere from a few minutes to several hours of build time.

HJ, in your case, you forgot several years!!!!!!!!!! :D

What can I say, perfection takes time, money and more time. If you're not going to take the time to do it right, why do it?

Joe has alot of friends on this site that will give joe advice in his build.. Phil& Dan are two of them. The reason why it wouldnt take joe long to build is because he's has alot of time on his hands when he's not working on cars. I know Dan. Joe wants it asap when there done testing it. Joe said He shouldve gotton a pics of it.

Phil, gonna give my nitrogen a run.... the new boat looks great so far....

Big AL

Back