WOF30 Probs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Carl, above 14,,,i don't think it had that to begin with, i think it was more like 13. Well, looks like we race the XTR, Lohring Miller wanted to see how it ran against your boats anyway. How backed up are your orders for the Lynx? :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry,

I keep a backlog on the Lynx but the turn around time is not too bad right now.

-Carl

i'll have to get involved with the Lynx later, done spent all my play money. Part of the reason i started this topic was how to correct a problem that may be shared by others. This problem is none of the designers fault cause i've seen some of his boats run,,and I was impressed with they're overall handling , thats why i took up the offer when a friend said he would build me one. Something went arrai during the building process,,3 to 4 layers of plywood exposed during the "battle" with the belt sander was the "give away". I don't think this was the intention of the designer

,i could be wrong as i still haven't seen the plans but it's my intention to make this boat do what it's supposed to do, one way or another :)

Thanks for your input Carl, sponsons now have 15 degrees. :D

Now if i could ask "anyone" how far away from the inside sponson edge are the

"strakes" supposed to be? :huh: Anyone?

My WOF 28 said to be built by JD: Any way to veryify if you built it JD? Got it from a guy in WA that was named Bill I think. It was green and blue when I got it. He was running an OS on it. It was built well. Any other shots that might help determine if you built it?

Hey H2OCadet, Looks like "1-19/32in" :p to the edge of sumthin',, Mine "was" a "triangle" type deal,,I guess the triangle type deal is for lift according to Grim.

Jerry

I do mine different !!! I let the anti-trip overlap the sponson bottom sheeting and pack bondo under the edge till it is full... Then I make it a 90* square edge,this edge makes a strake and narrows the ride pad of the sponson bottom sheeting ....

I kind of kill two birds with one stone .... So far no problems !!

Butch :)

All that stuff has been ground off Butch, all i have are flat (at a 15* angle :lol: )running surfaces now. I'll have to glue on "tri-angle" stock to replace them,,just wanted to know how far over they were :)

:lol: :p :lol: I know what happened to the sponsons :D The foam saw the bandsaw blade and ran !!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :p

re: any other shots?

Well, maybe a couple of photos of the entire hull. I've built a bunch of WOFers that's for sure. If you remember the name of the guy who had it that would help.

JD

Well, after doing a bunch of mods and testing on the 30 I deceided to put it aside for another time when I got Nuthin' else to do this coming winter. I was testing with the builder of both our 30's today, he had his at the pond, and it is right on with the plans and it still fails to turn worth a hoot. Both of us are "stumped" with this boat and I have already went back to the XTR. With 4 pages of post's I thought there would have been more "specific" info that would come out cause there has to be hundreds out there that have one. So I'd like to close this Topic with a humorous ending,, the builder has ordered a LYNX C/K :lol: :lol:

Back